Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 vs DreamStation question
RE: AirSense 10 vs DreamStation question
(12-04-2015, 09:30 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Don't quote me on this one, but I think you can remove the humidifier and purchase a cover which will make the unit a couple of inches smaller. I think I read someone on here has that.

Oops, just quoted you Big Grin

You are right. It's a U$15 - 20 option available from a number of suppliers.

[Image: airsense_10_side_cover.37335.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 09:30 AM)cate1898 Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 12:52 AM)archangle Wrote: Built in humidifier. Means you can't remove the humidifier and make a smaller unit. You also can't replace just the humidifier if the humidifier breaks.

Don't quote me on this one, but I think you can remove the humidifier and purchase a cover which will make the unit a couple of inches smaller. I think I read someone on here has that.
We can quote you on this one, spot-on Smile
You can use the side cover instead of the water tank. The side cover makes the machine looks neat
I got one, you'll need to get the right colour to match the machine, nice whitish colour with floral prints "for Her" and ugly charcoal for the rest

[Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails, That's what little boys are made of
Sugar and spice and all things nice, That's what little girls are made of]
Rolling laugh

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 09:07 AM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Looks like the only advantage (to me) of S10 could be compatibility with SleepyHead so, let me think aloud about that;
Apparently there is a mobile (phone / tablet) version of the DreamMapper. I'd expect it to work with the DS build in Bluetooth so, there would be no need for a modem and monitoring service. Well, I could be wrong on that. Still, for some, the basic info may be all they ever need and comprehend so, simplified data output may be an ideal option. For me, it could be a stop gap while waiting for SH to be updated.
Heck, I was using a brick for 11 years so, what's couple weeks more.
After sniffing here and there, I am convinced that SleepyHead will be compatible with DreamStation within weeks if not days.
For others, nothing less will do than immediate Encore or SleepyHead compatibility and I respect that.

I'm not quite sure what data is available through the bluetooth interface, but I suspect it's very limited. I think I read that somewhere, but can't find it right now.

The data that is available through DreamMapper is very limited compared to SleepyHead or Encore whether you use bluetooth or not.

"DreamMapper provides feedback on your therapy usage, mask fit* and apnea hypopnea index (AHI). You can also access videos and guides to learn more about obstructive sleep apnea and your Philips Respironics DreamStation or System One** sleep therapy equipment. You can also set custom goals and unlock achievements to stay motivated, and set reminders for when it’s time to clean or replace equipment." https://www.sleepapnea.com/products/dreammapper/faq/#

DreamMapper is useful, but, to me, it's like driving on a winter morning with the windshield frosted up with just a little hole scraped in front of you. Many folks (and any good doctor) would want more data than just nightly averages and smiley faces.

As for SleepyHead being updated, the last update was over a year ago and the author last publicly posted about updates in September on another CPAP board. He said he was working on it, but had been fighting some program changes and he's been dealing with some health problems.

Don't count on a quick update for SleepyHead.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 05:53 PM)archangle Wrote: >>>snip>>>
Many folks (and any good doctor) would want more data than just nightly averages and smiley faces.

>>>snip>>>
last publicly posted about updates in September
>>>snip>>>

Don't count on a quick update for SleepyHead.

Sorry if I sound like a smart ass but, I'm not a doctor. As for doctors, I'm sure Respironics will give doctors a way to read more data and that way will sooner or later filter down to us, the patients.

From what I see, the latest release is dated may. The latest windows automatic installer is dated October... Also, any alpha or even beta releases are no longer public.
For all I know, You may be in on the program and know that there were no betas for the long time.
Unless I see a proof to the contrary, I choose to believe that the author works on SH compatibility with DS as time and health allows him.
If not, we all better get the old machines with which the SH compatibility is rock solid and I mean old! I just had problems with importing data from Resmed S9. SH reads couple of days fine than souple with only basic info and than the last couple with detail again... That does not build my confidence in my present set up but does build up my desire to move forward!

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 06:52 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Sorry if I sound like a smart ass but, I'm not a doctor. As for doctors, I'm sure Respironics will give doctors a way to read more data and that way will sooner or later filter down to us, the patients.

From what I see, the latest release is dated may. The latest windows automatic installer is dated October... Also, any alpha or even beta releases are no longer public.
For all I know, You may be in on the program and know that there were no betas for the long time.
Unless I see a proof to the contrary, I choose to believe that the author works on SH compatibility with DS as time and health allows him.
If not, we all better get the old machines with which the SH compatibility is rock solid and I mean old! I just had problems with importing data from Resmed S9. SH reads couple of days fine than souple with only basic info and than the last couple with detail again... That does not build my confidence in my present set up but does build up my desire to move forward!

Version 0.9.8-1 is the latest version from Jedimark, the author, dated 2014-10-03. Any versions with a later date stamp are either changes in the translation files for other languages, moving the files to another location, or the installer "wrapper" that user AlanE put around the program to make the install easier.

The SleepyHead program itself is still the 2014-10-03 version with no changes in anything other than the install process or wording for other languages.

The S9 machine only records 7 days of full resolution data. That's enough for most purposes.
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 07:17 PM)archangle Wrote: Version 0.9.8-1 is the latest version from Jedimark, the author, dated 2014-10-03. Any versions with a later date stamp are either changes in the translation files for other languages, moving the files to another location, or the installer "wrapper" that user AlanE put around the program to make the install easier.

The SleepyHead program itself is still the 2014-10-03 version with no changes in anything other than the install process or wording for other languages.

The S9 machine only records 7 days of full resolution data. That's enough for most purposes.

Ah, thanks! My grandma used to tell me that I will learn my whole life and still die stupid.
Thanks to You (and many other people), I may die stupid but at least a little bit smarter than I was born Wink

From one of the previous posts, I thought that it's Respironics that records only a week of data on the card.
Moving forward; I'm hard headed and my mind is set, for the new machine to be the Dream Station; Assuming that I want to see more than some rudimentary data, do you think that I should be looking for access to the provider version of the newest Encore instead of hoping for the SH update?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 08:19 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Ah, thanks! My grandma used to tell me that I will learn my whole life and still die stupid.
Thanks to You (and many other people), I may die stupid but at least a little bit smarter than I was born Wink

From one of the previous posts, I thought that it's Respironics that records only a week of data on the card.
Moving forward; I'm hard headed and my mind is set, for the new machine to be the Dream Station; Assuming that I want to see more than some rudimentary data, do you think that I should be looking for access to the provider version of the newest Encore instead of hoping for the SH update?

To Philips Respironics credit, they've "always" recorded many days worth of all the data they record. I think it's "till the card gets full" or at least a year. I don't think anyone's ever reported a full card on a PRS1 model.

I don't have contact with anyone who has an inside track at Philips, but we haven't seen any indications they're going to update any version of Encore.

I have some vague recollection of there being some way to read the full resolution data through the online program, but it may be only by reading the SD card into the web server, or to some program only available to the medical mafia. Sorry for the vague info, but I tend to confuse the ResMed online monitoring stuff with the Philips. I didn't save the link to the data and haven't found the relevant web page again. I think it was some sort of video showing the tool. Once again, that might have been ResMed, though.

Unfortunately, very few doctors or DME's look at the full data. Most don't even look at the AHI averages, only the $$$compliance$$$ data and $leep $tudie$.
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure (would have to search) if it was on the website, manual or a video... there was a reference to ability of the provider to set the date on the DS (or maybe something else) using Encore. That would mean an Encore verion compatible with the DS. I may be reading too much into it... And, what's the use of recording many days of data if there is no way to read it?
Post Reply Post Reply
GPSMapNut, I know you said you are 'hard-headed and your mind is set', but what specifically has you convinced that your next machine is the DreamStation, and not the A10? Just curious.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 08:58 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: I'm not sure (would have to search) if it was on the website, manual or a video... there was a reference to ability of the provider to set the date on the DS (or maybe something else) using Encore.
I'm not aware of any other machines than ResMed machines, which have a clock so time and date can be changed by the user from the clinical menu (F&P Icon have a clock to set the time, not sure about the date)

From DS user manual
Time: Allows you to adjust the time. The default setting is Greenwich Mean Time, but you may adjust the time in 30 minute increments to match your local time zone.
Note: This time setting is not displayed as a clock function on the device. It is only used to align your therapy data for your Provider’s data reports.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 660 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C pixpop 5 285 02-22-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,188 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Transition from DreamStation 2 to AirSense 10 prince01 16 1,039 12-17-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: prince01
  Question about how AirSense 10 acquires information. paulag1955 5 457 10-07-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.