Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 10 vs DreamStation question
RE: AirSense 10 vs DreamStation question
(12-11-2015, 07:07 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: These model names get so confusing... was it available in S1 CPAP or an APAP or in both?

What do you mean "S1 CPAP"?

I think AutoIQ/Auto-Check/Auto-Trial) is available on

PRS1 50 Series Pro (Some versions - labeled AutoIQ) - 30 days only
PRS1 50 Series Auto (Not sure, only on some models.)
PRS1 60 Series Pro - 30 days only
PRS1 60 Series Auto
DreamStation Pro - 30 days only
DreamStation Auto - 30 days only.

As best as I can tell, it's not on any bilevel models.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2015, 07:39 PM)archangle Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 07:07 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: These model names get so confusing... was it available in S1 CPAP or an APAP or in both?

What do you mean "S1 CPAP"?

I think AutoIQ/Auto-Check/Auto-Trial) is available on

PRS1 50 Series Pro (Some versions - labeled AutoIQ) - 30 days only
PRS1 50 Series Auto (Not sure, only on some models.)
PRS1 60 Series Pro - 30 days only
PRS1 60 Series Auto
DreamStation Pro - 30 days only
DreamStation Auto - 30 days only.

As best as I can tell, it's not on any bilevel models.
You cleared a lot for me.
By "S1 CPAP" I meant simply an S1 (Series One or something like that) CPAP, not APAP, not VPAP, not BIPAP. And a "Pro" because anything less is a brick...

I don't know all the model numbers / designations. I came from 11 years of using a brick CPAP and I'm trying to catch up and share what I learn along the way of catching up.... so, I reserve the right to be wrong AND reserve the right to be corrected when needed.
As my grandma used to say: "you will learn your whole life yet, you will die stupid".
Now I learned that the Auto-Check and Auto-Trial are nothing really new to DreamStation. It's just newly advertised. That newly acquired knowledge makes me rethink my position. Form factor or the proven performance and current compatibility with SH? Which one to take?
If you asked me a week ago, I'd value SH compatibility more than after finding out about SH author's point of view...
Still; I'm still over a month from deciding which machine will be mine for the next few years so; I'll think slowly even if I post my thoughts hastily Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
Now that Encore Pro 2.18 supports DreamStation machines, I would not prefer a PRS1 series 60 machine over a DreamStation machine except on price.

Edit: should of written Encore Pro 2.17.8

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2015, 06:00 PM)vsheline Wrote: Now that Encore Pro 2.18 supports DreamStation machines, I would not prefer a PRS1 series 60 machine over a DreamStation machine except on price.

Maybe, but Encore really, REALLY stinks compared to SleeyHead or even ResScan. And Encore Pro stinks a lot more than Encore Basic due to the fact it installs Microsoft SQL server.

Encore only gives you a really poor, low resolution display of the flow rate diagram, among other things it lacks.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
In a hope that SH will support DreamStation before I'm ready for yet another machine, my mind is still set on the DreamStation. Since I may get my DS before that, I'd like to know; where do I find Encore Pro 2.18?
BTW. As a Canadian and Ontarian, there is no price issue for me. ALL CPAP have the same price regardless if it is the newest approved DS Pro or an oldest brick CPAP. All APAPs are priced the same, regardless of the brand and year of design... Things like heated hoses or better masks are a free game but prices of machines + basic masks are regulated by category.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2015, 07:52 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: In a hope that SH will support DreamStation before I'm ready for yet another machine, my mind is still set on the DreamStation. Since I may get my DS before that, I'd like to know; where do I find Encore Pro 2.18?
BTW. As a Canadian and Ontarian, there is no price issue for me. ALL CPAP have the same price regardless if it is the newest approved DS Pro or an oldest brick CPAP. All APAPs are priced the same, regardless of the brand and year of design... Things like heated hoses or better masks are a free game but prices of machines + basic masks are regulated by category.

Here is the link for the Encore Pro:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 650 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C pixpop 5 278 02-22-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Transition from DreamStation 2 to AirSense 10 prince01 16 1,038 12-17-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: prince01
  Question about how AirSense 10 acquires information. paulag1955 5 455 10-07-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.