Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 11 Issue?
AirSense 11 Issue?
I was wondering if anyone had this issue or had any ideas what may be going on with my CPAP machine.  I recently got a Resmed AirSense 11.  Sometimes if I wake up and remove my mask to get a drink or go to the restroom, the screen and power button lights will turn off and on the remainder of the time I am using the machine.  When I put the mask back on the machine will start blowing air as it should when I have Smart Start on.  After a moment the lights on the screen and the power start button will dim and shut off as they normally do so the room is dark with no lights.  However, after a few moment the lights on both the screen and power start button on the machine will turn back on for a few moments and then turn back off.  The screen and lights will continue turning on and off like I described for the remainder of the usage of the machine until I am and done using the machine and get up for the day.  I have tried unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in when this happens but it just continues to turn the lights on and off on the power start button and screen.  Some days when putting the mask back on after taking it off the light will go off and stay off as they should.  It doesn’t do this every morning, which is confusing.

I did turn the Smart Auto start and stop to the off position in the Clinician Settings and used the machine that way with no issues for about 5 days and then it did it again last night about 30 minutes into starting therapy, with the Smart Start and Stop turned off.  The screen and power but light again. Started cycling on and off when doing therapy.  I did notice the dehumidifier cool down snow flake was on as well. This time unplugging the power cord from the machine for a bit and the. Turning on the machine and starting therapy took care of the problem and it functioned as it should. 

I did try and call Resmed but didn’t get any answers.  I know the AirSense 11 is new so there may not be much experience with this machine yet, but I didn’t know if anyone ever ran across this issue with a AirSense 10 possibly.  Thanks for any input  or suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 11 Issue?
I've had my Airsense 11 since September and haven't seen that behavior.  

My first thought was smart stop/start, as it can often cause problems like that.  But it sounds like you turned both OFF and still experienced the issue.

Any signs of short power sags or outages?  Like having to reset your microwave clock?  That's unlikely to cause the exact symptoms you describe, but if you are having other power problems then a small UPS for the CPAP might help.

If it isn't smart stop/start, and isn't house power problems, then my next target would be the power adapter.  If you received the machine from a DME, I would see if they could swap the power supply brick and cord to see if that helps.   If not, it may truly be an internal defect that requires machine service or replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 11 Issue?
I now have turned off the Smart Start and Stop and had it do this with it off as well. I have only used the machine 18 days since getting it and it has done this with the display lights and power button lights cycling on and off in therapy mode 3 times. Two times it was with the Smart Start and Stop turned on, and unplugging the machine and restarting didn’t not stop this and it continued cycling on and off the light. The other time was with the Smart Start and Stop turned off. The lights began cycling on and off about 30 minutes into therapy. It stoped after unplugging and restarting the machine.

I have not noticed any power surges or outages and the machine is plugged into a surge protector. I will look into the power cord and brick as well.

I do have an appointment with DME coming up soon so I will talk with them about this as well if it continues. It just seemed odd that it did this 3 nights out of the 18 nights of use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 44 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.