Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 11 O2 user problem
AirSense 11 O2 user problem
Hello.  I use an  Resmed AirSense 11 Autoset.  I also used 02.  I use a slimline hose adding an O2 adapter.  I have been prescribed and want to use a Climateline Air Oxy but Resmed does not make the OXY tubing for the AirSense 11 and the O2 adapters will not work at the back of the adapter due to changes in the way the electrical outlet in placed  in the 11. I have contacted Resmed and seems no one knows anything about the issue.  Has anyone been able to come up with some way to attach O2 to the back of the AirSense 11 when using the Climateline Air11?  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 11 O2 user problem
Hi siestagirl! - Welcome
Someone else had the same problem recently. The best we could recommend is to place the O2 adaptor at the mask end of the hose and use something like a hose cover to keep both hoses together.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response and suggestion.  Actually, I have tried attaching the adapter at the mask.  Since I use a nasal pillow the attachment is at the top of my head.  The adapter makes the adapter/hose connection on top my head longer/wider than the surface of the top of my head and I cannot lay down with it on.  If I do the size and weight of it pulls the whole thing off.  (I am female with a small head but I imagine many smaller cpap users would have this problem.)  I was hoping in some way to be able to attach the adapter at the machine.    But thank you for your assistance.  I can't believe ResMed structured the AirSense 11 without thinking about O2 users.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are 18" hoses that you could connect to the mask, then the O2 adaptor.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not found a way on the back but you could put it in between the hose and mask.  You would probably need some zip ties if to secure the 02 tubing to the cpap tube.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 350 29 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,463 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.