Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 11 has now become a LOT louder: defective?
AirSense 11 has now become a LOT louder: defective?
I was one for the first new (early adopter of sorts) ResMed users to be provided with a new AirSense 11 to replace my AirSense 10 which I have been using for more than 5+ years. I've been using CPAP for more than 22 years too, so I'm not a noob when it comes to CPAPs and CPAP therapy.

About a month ago I noticed my unit became noticeably [much] louder during regular (normal) operation even at a pressure of 4 (ramp). It became so loud with EPR (enabled) that had to move it underneath my bed and wear earplugs. Previously, with EPR enabled I had no issue. It was [almost] as quiet as my AirSense 10. Even when I turn on the AirSense 11 and let it run (before it stops on it's own) it's much louder than before. I used this a benchmark comparing CPAP machines. I checked for leaks in the humidifier, hose, etc. None were found.

I'm wondering if maybe there's a defect with the unit and I'm just one of a few just starting to experience it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 11 has now become a LOT louder: defective?
Is it a constant noise from the blower or a breathing noise from the periodic breathing. I just got my S11 2 weeks ago and the blower noise is less than the s10 but I have noticed an increased breathing noise. I suspect it has to do with the amount of water in the humidifier tank. 

I plan to play with the water levels and see if I can lower this noise. 

Keep us posted as I too am interested in this.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 681 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,188 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  AirMini much louder than A10 with same mask and settings? DougM 7 1,816 04-25-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: densoo
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,633 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,494 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  ResMed AS 11 - getting louder jpthuot03 2 584 10-29-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.