Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User - Having Problems
RE: New CPAP User - Having Problems
Unfortunately, once you have the machine -- telling them you want a different one is not an option.  Also, I live in Texas and my doctor told me that if I change the settings on my own, the insurance may not cover the device or my supplies.   

The I-Breeze not having wi-fi has been a major inconvenience for me as well.  My doctor requires me to bring the whole device with me to the appointment, and also has to wait for the DME company to fax them my data from the web site, because they have never been able to access the data I upload, nor do they have software capable of interpreting the data on my SD card.

However, now that I've used the device for 90 days and have met the insurance requirements for coverage, my next follow up appointment is one year from now, so I should be free to change the settings. However, I've been fine with the settings the doctor set now that I've switched to a nasal mask.  The full face mask just did not work for me at all, even though I was completely convinced it would be the only mask that does work.   Long story short, do not be afraid to try the nasal mask and see if it works any better.  Like I said, I don't even need the chin strap.  The constant positive pressure in my nasal passages keeps my sinuses clear enough to breathe and somehow keeps my mouth shut. Opening your mouth while wearing the nasal mask is actually a little bit uncomfortable so it's almost an unconscious reaction to keep your mouth closed.  However, if I do get nasal congestion, which is rare now (where it used to be frequent while wearing the full face mask), I can still breathe through my mouth while the positive pressure works on opening my nasal passages, and it always eventually does after a few minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP User - Having Problems
(07-26-2022, 01:13 PM)Hogmodo Wrote: Where is Supplier #40 software that I should download?

Click on Supplier #40 on the supplier list.
This brings you to the wellue website.
At the top of their webpage, click on "Download> PC or Mac software.
Now scroll down until you see iMatrix software.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP & Ear Problems Steptoe 11 1,491 5 hours ago
Last Post: jiyun
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,453 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 112 04-17-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 158 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 358 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,204 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,751 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.