Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice on increasing pressure
RE: Advice on increasing pressure
Thanks, OpalRose. What is an ASV machine?

I did put the EPR on 1.  What does the EPR stand for?  
Used a new thin pillow with uniform thickness and the foam cervical collar.  The results are much better.  Should my upper limit be changed? On recent days I hit 15 at times.

Thanks, Hal

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I thought might happen.  CA's down a little (but still concerning.)  
But Flow Limitation up.  This is a normal response to EPR.  It helps with FL and Hypopnea, but on the other end, it can raise Clear Airway events.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...lief_(EPR)

The Obstructives look a little better. Smile Keep working on the positional issue.

I can't help but wonder why you wouldn't have been placed on an ASV (Adaptive Servo Ventilator) with 93 CA's and 174 OB showing on your sleep study.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...tion_(ASV)

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ackup_Info

Print out your graphs and take them to your Cardiologist to discuss.  With your heart history, your doctor may be reluctant to move to an ASV, but still bring up the subject.  

With Clear Airway events, your airway is open, but you are not attempting to breathe.

Do you use an overnight recording oximeter to gauge your oxygen levels?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't disagree with Opal, but I'd like you to set your min pressure =11 and see how you do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Opal and Gideon. 

I am not using an oximeter but I'll ask my Doctor about it. I think it would be a good idea.  Is that something that plugs into the ResMed Autosense 10?  

Gideon, the pressure bump to 11 would be quite a jump from 7 but I'd be willing to try it. I would want to do it in small increments.  
---------------------------------

My doctor is in a group that is associated with a hospital.  I couldn't get an appt with my Doctor who prescribed the CPAP because he's booked through September.  However, I was able to get an appt with another Dr in the group and we discussed my concerns and looked at the Oscar charts and data. She noted my current machine settings. (For now, I think I should keep the settings unchanged.)

She's going to try to schedule me for a live sleep test using my ResMed machine. She said, afterward, they'll make changes to my settings to optimize my machine.  history: My initial sleep test was in-home using a diagnostic kit that was shipped to me. 

The Dr said their lab was closed during the height of the COVID pandemic but she thinks it's now back up and running.  If their lab is not open, I assume they'd get me into another lab.  I'll find out soon.

I'll keep you all informed as to a future sleep test. Thank you all.  Hal
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 165 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 255 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.