Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 11 no longer sending data over Bluetooth
AirSense 11 no longer sending data over Bluetooth
I have been using the AirSense 11 since Nov 2021. For the first handful of months, I was successfully connected to Bluetooth - even travelled with it over Christmas - and it worked perfectly. Since returning home, it returned to its spot and hasn’t moved since.

I do not have an SD card in the machine and my provider is intended to get the data automatically.

Over the last month, the Bluetooth will not remain paired. I have had to re-pair it several times. When I do, the data transmits from the machine to my mobile phone’s myAir app. However, this morning, I paired the Bluetooth again and the data will still not sync.

On the My Equipment section, there is no option to pair (as it is already paired), but the last synced date is correctly about a week ago.

Unplugging and re-plugging the machine’s power has also not helped. Though, the machine does have the Bluetooth indicator on.

Any advice?
RE: AirSense 11 no longer sending data over Bluetooth
Hi ecviets! - Welcome
To the best of my knowledge, MyAir uses a direct cellular signal and not a Bluetooth connection to your phone. Does the FCC tag on your CPAP have "4G" or "CDMA" listed?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
No, it certainly does support Bluetooth.  I have paired it several times.

Since I am not allowed to post links on this forum, I googled: "ResMed myAir CPAP Machine for Sleep User Guide". On my first option: manuals.plus > tag > myair, I found the above stated user guide. Section 6 is entitled, "Setting up Bluetooth Connection with the AirSense 11 device"

Any other possibilities?
I just learned something new! I searched your problem and see that many people are experiencing connection/pairing problems. It was pointed out that it is more predominant on an Android as opposed to an iPhone. Several pairing attempts, with the app running, should force a manual serial number input screen. This seems to fix most problems.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
This is based on a distant memory of an Airsense 11 review (which I could not find with a quick Google search), so treat it as opinion/hearsay… 

That being said, I was under the impression that the airsense 11 bluetooth capability was functionally useless.  It verified your serial number in relation to the MyAir app / your account, and was necessary for the “test drive” feature, but aside from that did nothing.

All data is uploaded to the cloud via cellular, and then comes down to MyAir app.  No data is transmitted via bluetooth to app.

If anyone can authoritatively state otherwise, I would love to know the answer!!

I understand you’re having bluetooth connection issues, but I’m not sure if it’s the cause of your lack of data… 

Good luck!!!!
I have the Airsense 11 and it most definitely uses Bluetooth to send info to my phone.
What info?

I am not trying to pick a fight, I'm trying to understand what bluetooth adds to the equation.

Reading though the online documentation, the listed functions of bluetooth relate to software updates, and using test drive.  Not bad features, but neither are they big selling points (for me anyway).

The myair app documentation (what little there is) still only lists cellular data transmission.

So you're saying that your myair data (ahi, hours used etc) come directly from the airsense 11 via bluetooth, and not brought down from the cloud (after being uploaded via cellular)?
(04-26-2022, 10:40 AM)SleepyMac Wrote: What info?

I am not trying to pick a fight, I'm trying to understand what bluetooth adds to the equation.

Reading though the online documentation, the listed functions of bluetooth relate to software updates, and using test drive.  Not bad features, but neither are they big selling points (for me anyway).

The myair app documentation (what little there is) still only lists cellular data transmission.

So you're saying that your myair data (ahi, hours used etc) come directly from the airsense 11 via bluetooth, and not brought down from the cloud (after being uploaded via cellular)?

That is exactly what I am saying.
Rebooting Phone and forgetting Bluetooth device in question and then re-pairing should help...
How do you know the therapy data is being transmitted from the Air 11 directly to your device, via bluetooth?

Because your post contradicts ResMed's documentation and users' posted experience.

If Therapy Data was indeed transmitted via Bluetooth then there would not be delayed data because of server availability, and the data could be made available as soon as one's session is over.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 83 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 495 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Breas Z1 Auto Bluetooth Won't Turn On leinerd 1 630 10-14-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Gmason19
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,739 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,030 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.