Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 11 no longer sending data over Bluetooth
RE: AirSense 11 no longer sending data over Bluetooth
Based off Resmed's information, the ONLY function the AS11 Bluetooth provides is automatic retrieval and entry of the machine's serial number into the MyAir app.  That's it.  No therapy data is ever transferred via Bluetooth.  It is for a "first time setup", just saving the user the effort required to locate and type the serial number into the app.  The AS11 transmits therapy data over cellular only.  The experience is identical with the phone's Bluetooth enabled or disabled.  

I hope I didn't rain on your parade.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(04-27-2022, 08:13 AM)Dog Slobber Wrote: How do you know the therapy data is being transmitted from the Air 11 directly to your device, via bluetooth?

Because your post contradicts ResMed's documentation and users' posted experience.

If Therapy Data was indeed transmitted via Bluetooth then there would not be delayed data because of server availability, and the data could be made available as soon as one's session is over.

I don't know how to convince you. I don't care what you are seeing in documentation. I have been using an Airsense 11 for about 6 months. Every day, the MyAir app on my phone receives data on usage hours, mask seal, events per hour, and number of times mask was taken off and put back on (going to bathroom). My phone and the Airsense 11 are paired by Bluetooth. There is no wifi network connection between the unit and my phone. The cellular connection is used to send the data to my healthcare provider. Almost always, my data is available immediately after a session ends. Occasionally it is not available, and when that happens, the bluetooth connection has been lost, for reasons I do not understand. I then have to pair the unit and my phone to re-establish the bluetooth connection, and then the data shows up. Once or twice in 6 months, the data took a few hours to appear. Otherwise it is immediate.

Note that there are three different AirSense 11 units. I am not aware of more than one being available so far. Mine is the Airsense 11 Autoset. It may be that the documentation you are seeing applies to one of the other units, although all 3 do have Bluetooth Connectivity. (Airsense 11 Elite, Airsense 11 CPAP see p. 6 of the Airsense 11 Guide.)

(04-27-2022, 12:50 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Based off Resmed's information, the ONLY function the AS11 Bluetooth provides is automatic retrieval and entry of the machine's serial number into the MyAir app.  That's it.  No therapy data is ever transferred via Bluetooth.  It is for a "first time setup", just saving the user the effort required to locate and type the serial number into the app.  The AS11 transmits therapy data over cellular only.  The experience is identical with the phone's Bluetooth enabled or disabled.  

I hope I didn't rain on your parade.
- Red

See my reply to Dog Slobber, above.
It is clear that you have exceeded our ability to help you in this matter.  I suggest that you should contact Resmed and tell them that they are wrong about their Bluetooth connection, and you want them to repair your AS11.

Since this site can not provide any further resolution to your problem, I'm closing this thread.

Good luck!
- Red

- THREAD CLOSED -
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 2 87 14 minutes ago
Last Post: pholynyk
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 496 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Breas Z1 Auto Bluetooth Won't Turn On leinerd 1 630 10-14-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Gmason19
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,742 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,031 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.