Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 11 not transmitting or writing sleep data to SD
AirSense 11 not transmitting or writing sleep data to SD
I've been using the AS11 for about a week now and am having trouble accessing the data. The AS11 is a replacement for my AS10. When I receive the AS11, it did not come with an SD card so I simply took the card from the AS10 and inserted it into the AS11.

Using both OSCAR and the RM myAir app, I have been unable to view any sleep data. The medical provider also advises they are unable to view any data in AirView, even asked if I was using the machine. We confirmed the correct serial number and device number was used to register the device.

Did inserting the AS10 SD card, without erasing any of the AS10 data, in the AS11 cause some software issues?

The AS11 is transmitting data, or at least it's transmitting something. Whatever it's transmitting, it resets my myAir app, along with my online account, and requires me to register the AS11 again in my profile. I then register the machine again, use the machine that night, and have to register the machine again the next day.

The AS11 is registering sleep data. When I wake up in the morning, I look at the machine and can see the sleep data, e.g., hours used, pressure, etc.

Today, I've formatted the SD card and will see if that helps with the data from tonight's use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 11 not transmitting or writing sleep data to SD
Formatting the card will solve your problem wth OSCAR.

Because of the changes made to some file names with the AS11, compared to the AS10, OSCAR gets confused when data from both machines are on the same card. We've partially fixed that for the next release by assuming that if both machines are present, AS11 is to be the preferred interpretation. But it's always best to use a new, or newly formatted card, when you change machines.

I can't speak to the AirView and MyAir problem. I would not have thought the SD card would confuse the issue, but see if that problem goes away after formatting. Let us know if it does.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
This *sounds* like there is a command file on the SD that the 11 is attempting to process, but ending up resetting itself (and erasing data) instead. When data is erased from the machine, it triggers a "deregistration" with MyAir -- which explains your need to re-register each day.

If so, reformatting the card should fix the MyAir problem (as well as the Oscar problem, as @GuySharf recommends above).

Please post back with your results so we know if formatting the SD did indeed fix one or both problems!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Guy and Scott for the quick responses!

Formatting the SD card "seems" to have resolved half of my problems; specifically, I can use OSCAR to view my sleep data, although there is still an issue. I say seems to have resolved the problem because the sleep data from the AS11 may have been there all along, just on the wrong date (see #1 below). Albeit only three nights worth of data even though I've used the machine since Nov 12. Who knows, maybe the machine is only capable of internally storing the most recent three nights of data while the rest is stored on the SD card.

The RESMED myAir app is still acting the same so I'll have to contact them for guidance unless someone here has any experience or recommendations.

Back to OSCAR and the SD card...

1 - It appears the AS11 calendar/clock settings are off; the reason I say this is because the sleep data says the first use was on Jan 1, 2008 at 23:32:09 which I know is incorrect. I'm inclined to believe the incorrect date/time is caused by the AS11.

2 - The sleep data from my old AS10 is also available in OSCAR... should that still be there?

I've emailed ApneaBoard for the setup manual; hopefully there'll be instructions for setting the date/time for the machine.

Thanks again for all your assistance!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, OSCAR remembers any data you have imported, so your old AS10 data should still be there.

Look at the bottom of the Statistics page. What first and last dates does it show for the AS11? Look also at the DATALOG folder of your AS11 SD card. The file names there are dates. What dates are shown?

The machine should show a page for all days that you used the machine. However, the detail data used for the graphs is written to the SD card by the AS11 at the time it is created. If the card is not in the machine all not, the detailed data is lost. And, of course, reformatting the card also resulted in loss of any detailed data previously recorded. The machine does remember limited summary data, so you will get a Daily page for each day the machine was used, but the pages will say there is no data to graph.

Unfortunately, we know of no way to change the time or date in an AS11. You can change the timezone -- at the cost of first clearing all data from the machine -- but we know of no way to change the date. If the date is not correct, it's back to the DME for a an update (if they can change the date -- I don't know if they can) or a replacement.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Guy. The dates on the bottom of the Statistics page are inaccurate (Jan 1-Jan 3, 2008) and are in line with the file names on the SD card. Will be contacting the DME for guidance on how to proceed. Hopefully this is something the DME can fix via software update or programming because I couldn't find anything, other than the time zone setting, in the clinical setup.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would appreciate if you could make a zip of your SD card and upload it to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.

I'd very much like to see the files on a machine with a bad date.

Thanks.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
It's very interesting. All I can assume is that your AS11 was set up using a computer whose date was itself wrong.
The clue, for me, is in the CurrentSettings.json file: "AppliedDateTime":"2008-01-04T16:36:16.523Z"
I wouldn't be surprised if the ancient date is confusing MyAir, too.

I'd say the machine needs to be returned for replacement. Let them worry about doing a new setup while you get on with your therapy.

I guess now we can say for sure the AS11 isn't syncing to any network time! At least not that one.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2021, 08:58 PM)pholynyk Wrote: It's very interesting. All I can assume is that your AS11 was set up using a computer whose date was itself wrong.
The clue, for me, is in the CurrentSettings.json file: "AppliedDateTime":"2008-01-04T16:36:16.523Z"
I wouldn't be surprised if the ancient date is confusing MyAir, too.

I'd say the machine needs to be returned for replacement. Let them worry about doing a new setup while you get on with your therapy.

I guess now we can say for sure the AS11 isn't syncing to any network time! At least not that one.

@ddean - There are (2) ways to “register” an AS11 on MyAir… (1) Manually enter the serial number via the web interface, or (2) Use the smartphone app, which connects to the AS11 via Bluetooth to get the serial and automatically registers the serial. Which method are you using?

If you’re manually entering, you might try the smartphone/Bluetooth method on the outside chance that the machine will sync time via that method.

I’ve had my AS11 for about 60 days, and haven’t seen any clock drift as compared to my Wellue SpO2 recorder (whose time is synced daily to my iPhone), so I’ve assumed the AS11 is syncing time in some way - via cellular signal, or via the MyAir server when connected via cellular.  But it’s possible the clock gets set during initialization only, and if so, maybe yours was just set incorrectly by the DME.  

The only solution may be to return it and let the DME resolve it or replace the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the help! At this point, using all your recommendations and those of the DME have been unsuccessful so I'll be calling them again today to arrange the return of the machine.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 68 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 286 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 492 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How to delete CPAP data in OSCAR before sleep and after waking? Apnealicious 30 4,494 09-29-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,732 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,019 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.