Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense F20
AirSense F20
I received an email this morning from ResMed announcing a new AirSense F20 with a memory foam cushion. Has anyone had experience with this yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense F20
That is the AirTouch F20, not the AirFit F20.
It's going to get confusing because no longer is an F20 just an F20.
As much as I would like to try the AirTouch F20 I cannot.  
I refuse to take the risk of the magnets that they warn about since my wife has a pacemaker.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello bonjour,

You are absolutely correct, it is AirTouch rather than AirSense. I certainly understand your reluctance to go with the magnets in the F20 series because of your wife's pacemaker. My wife has a friend who has a defibrillator and she placed the magnets she uses for arthritis right on top of her defibrillator one night and the thing went bonkers Smile on her. She learned quite a lesson there!

I have been using the AirFit F20 for several weeks and I'm finally getting adjusted to it, though I have had to resort to using the foam cervical collar that others have suggested. My AHI levels are finally below 5.0 and my leaks are much more manageable. 

Stay well
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the foam cervical collar that RogerAN mentioned? What is it used for?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2017, 08:09 AM)regbeach Wrote: What is the foam cervical collar that RogerAN mentioned?  What is it used for?

Is is an soft foam neck brace that comes in adjustable and various sizes.   They are found in drug stores and online.  Their purpose is two-fold; one is to help keep the head and neck aligned.  This prevents(or reduces) a "chin-tuck: condition thus reducing OA's.   The other, is to aid in reducing mouth breathing, as opposed to using a chinstrap.    A cervical collar pushes directly up on the jaw instead of pulling and to the rear like the chinstrap.   I've found that a cervical collar seems to be more effective for me over the chinstrap.  The only problem that I've encountered with its use is setting the proper tension.   Tightening it, as you would actually use the collar, is really little too tight and my OA's increase.  .  . but no mouth leaks.   I've found (so far) that tightening it so that it easily slides around my neck has produced the best compromise.    

I would be interested  how other collar users tension theirs.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello regbeach and Crimson Nape,

Crimson Nape pretty well described the cervical collar. I order mine from Walmart for a little less than $5 each--I order about 4-5 at a time and they last a few months each. That works much better for me than any of the several chin straps I've tried over the years.

I probably tighten mine a little more than Crimson Nape does, but it's the only way I can get my leaks and AHI events down to reasonable levels.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that my RERAs increased significantly when I used a soft cervical collar as opposed to a chin strap. My AHI changed very little but my RDI was higher when I used the collar.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,624 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,482 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,114 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,407 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.