Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about flow rate charts and events
RE: Question about flow rate charts and events
Glad you and Paul found an affordable solution for ASV. It worked our great for he and his wife, and from the looks of things it will help you a lot. I think the default settings for ASV suggested by Jaswilliams are good, but I doubt you will need the full range of pressure support, and most people find 3-12 a good range that is more comfortable for PSmin and PS max. Good luck on the beginning of your new journey!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First nights results. Feel pretty good. I used the Somnifix lip tape. The Airlift P10 nasal pillow mask and the S9 Adapt AsvAuto mode, Epap 5-15 and PS 3-15.
So my guess is to tighten up the Epap range?

John Miller
Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise the min EPAP a bit to 6 or 6.6 that will clear up the few Hypopnea as the occured a low EPAP values otherwise a great night. Glad the VPAP Adapt SV seems to be working out, I bought two from the same supplier so I had a spare Smile

Your Large Leak rate is insignificant good job
Post Reply Post Reply
The EPAP is not going to move outside the range of 5-10 and tightening it to that range won't hurt a thing, but it probably won't make much of a difference. The machine was very active and you got good results. Everything here looks completely on target to me, and it's great to hear you felt good in the morning. Congrats on the strong start with 8-1/2 hours of first night ASV therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I'd post a few more charts to see if anyone thinks I need tweaking of my settings or if they are good enough as they are.

Thanks, John
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow the AHI reduction is just amazing man, nice job!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 110 8,719 7 hours ago
Last Post: ewriter
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,290 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 8 311 Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 69 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 285 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 266 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 349 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.