Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense S10 vs S9 Autoset: Should I Upgrade?
AirSense S10 vs S9 Autoset: Should I Upgrade?
Found good deal on a brand-new S10 Auto.
Do you think the smaller size and extra features are worth uograding?

Pretty happy with my S9 but I like the sound of AutoRamp and other new extras.
I don't want to make the mistake equivalent to trading in my iPhone 7Plus for the white-elephant, overpriced X and find it has no Touch ID.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense S10 vs S9 Autoset: Should I Upgrade?
Hi Tabbycat

I just had my For Her model delivered. Still to use with adapter as bought online from American supplier. I was dispensed with the Elite CPAP version but decided to get an autoset so as to have potential to self titrate keeping the Elite as a back-up.

If you commenced the use of the S9 in Oct 2013 will it not be close to the 5 years that most say machines are to be replaced? As such would it be useful to get that S10 for the good price and keep your S9 as a back-up?
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think any of us who rely on this therapy should have a backup option in the event of a malfunction. I have a PRS1 BiPAP Auto that mostly sits in a closet, but if anything ever happens to my primary machine, it is there for me, or as long as I need to get a repair or replacement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2017, 02:20 AM)Tabbycat Wrote: Found good deal on a brand-new S10 Auto.

I don't want to make the mistake equivalent to trading in my iPhone 7Plus for the white-elephant, overpriced X and find it has no Touch ID.

If you get a good deal it might be worth the upgrade just for the size factor, however, they use much the same software, so there is not a lot to gain, just size and the fact you would have a back-up machine.
The Airsense10 autoset is nice and small for travelling around, the S9 has two parts the size of the S9.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2017, 02:20 AM)Tabbycat Wrote: Found good deal on a brand-new S10 Auto.

I find my A10 to be quieter than my S9. It is nice to have a backup machine, especially when you travel.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I had both and like both (I actually have the Airsense for Her). I found the nightly data easier to read on the S9 (you wouldn't notice this unless you have vision damage). Autostart works fine on both machines. Autostop hasn't worked for me at all on the Airsense, so no advantage to having that (heck, they don't even advertise it as a feature now because it appears to only work with certain masks). The humidifier bin on the Airsense annoys me. It is not easy to clean. Too many nooks and crannies. Doable but I kindof hate it. Much preferred the upgraded bin on the S9 (the one with flap closure). There are times when I regret selling my S9, but I came across a fabulous deal for an identical Airsense for Her so I only have to have one set of supplies.

If you do without the humidifier, the S9 has the advantage of just allowing you to separate it and use just your unit. For the Airsense, you have to buy an additional cover (about $22).

I do think the internal modem potentially increases repairs. Seems to be the first thing people here have reported not working. When it fails (possibly overheating) it is sometimes damaging parts of the rest of the board. However, you can disable it after the 2 year warranty is up.

Parts: right now, you can get parts for S9, but Resmed is no longer manufacturing them. If your S9 humidifier breaks down, you can buy another and just click it in. If your Airsense humidifier breaks down, you have to use your backup machine until it is repaired because the humidifier is integrated with the rest of the unit.

My suggestion if you do decide to upgrade is the consider the Airsense for Her as there are three modes. You may actually find the 3rd mode preferable or it may make no difference. I did fine with the S9 algorithm, but the For Her mode works just a little better for me. Keep your S9 as a backup and for travel after you've met compliance for your new machine.

Finally, if you have hand dexterity issues, run away from the Airsense and cling to your S9 and upgraded humidifier bin as long as you can. I am currently dealing with bursitis in my hands and it is much harder than I would have thought. I can't imagine the problems someone with worse and chronic problems trying to remove, add water and reinsert without pain. This is where the Respironics Dream Station shines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice summary. You might consider writing a review of the A10.

When you say disable the humidifier do you mean put the machine in airplane mode?
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:If you do without the humidifier, the S9 has the advantage of just allowing you to separate it and use just your unit. For the Airsense, you have to buy an additional cover (about $22).

Really!  I got both the Humidifier and the cover for when you don't use the humidifier.
It say is our manual that this cover should be used when travelling and the humidifier should be packed separately and not transported fitted to the machine.  $22 for a plastic end cover?  Robbery!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2017, 06:47 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: My suggestion if you do decide to upgrade is the consider the Airsense for Her 

Uh, no way way I'm getting a pink unit.
?

Thanks for the other info.
You certainly brought up a lot of issues that do NOT make the S10 sound attractive.

BTW, why are the S9 and the S10 selling for the same price?
CPAPSupplyUSA has both new for $923 (with all accessories, incl H5 for S9).
Not a good sign for the newer model.

Are you calling it the A10 because "A" is next door to "S" on the keyboard?
Don't think there is an A10, and if there is ... we ain't discussin' it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The correct name for the machine is Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. sometimes referred to as the S10, and frequently called the A10 (I assume for Airsense). Names aside, it is the best on the market, and the For Her S10 is off-white with a white leaf inlay (only the S9 was pink). More importantly, you can often buy it on Amazon for $550 shipped, but currently $649. Oddly enough the AirSense 10 for her 37209 with HEATED HOSE, CHOICE OF MASK and heated humidifier is only $609.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 450 46 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 656 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.