Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense S10 vs S9 Autoset: Should I Upgrade?
RE: AirSense S10 vs S9 Autoset: Should I Upgrade?
(12-14-2017, 08:52 PM)Tabbycat Wrote: You certainly brought up a lot of issues that do NOT make the S10 sound attractive.

I have both and find the newer model to be quieter. Other than that, the differences are in the form not the function, AFAIK. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. The newer model has a cell phone radio.

Quote:BTW, why are the S9 and the S10 selling for the same price?
CPAPSupplyUSA has both new for $923 (with all accessories, incl H5 for S9).
Not a good sign for the newer model.

Prices have more to do with marketing schemes than build quality. There's no evidence that the newer model is inferior.

Quote:Are you calling it the A10 because "A" is next door to "S" on the keyboard?

A10 is short for both AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10, the names ResMed gives to the machines in this model line.

DME's tend to call it the S10 as it's the successor to the S9.

Both A10 and S10 are nicknames. ResMed uses neither, AFAIK.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2017, 09:58 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Prices have more to do with marketing schemes than build quality. There's no evidence that the newer model is inferior.

Going to disagree with you there.

LIST prices come from marketing schemes (a.k.a., corporate fantasies).
Market prices come from the real world.
If high-volume sellers have adjusted their selling price of a newer model to that of a predecessor, it definitely indicates that either the former is less popular or the latter more so.  Inferiority?  Maybe not.  Desireability?  Definitely.
Post Reply Post Reply
A10 = AirSense 10

A10 (AirSense 10)

A10 = AirSense 10
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2017, 08:52 PM)Tabbycat Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 06:47 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: My suggestion if you do decide to upgrade is the consider the Airsense for Her 

Uh, no way way I'm getting a pink unit.
?

Thanks for the other info.
You certainly brought up a lot of issues that do NOT make the S10 sound attractive.

BTW, why are the S9 and the S10 selling for the same price?
CPAPSupplyUSA has both new for $923 (with all accessories, incl H5 for S9).
Not a good sign for the newer model.

Are you calling it the A10 because "A" is next door to "S" on the keyboard?
Don't think there is an A10, and if there is ... we ain't discussin' it.

Since this came up as an active thread again, I'm adding commentary. First, the For Her Airsense is not pink. It is beige with leaves (not flowers).  Don't know why the S9 and S10 were selling for the same price.  Could be the cost per unit is roughly the same.  I called it the A10 because A stands for Airsense and 10 is what people were using to describe it as the next in the series.  It gets rather tiresome to type out Airsense or Airsense for Her, but I'm game.

As to bringing up comments that make the new unit 'unattractive', I always try to give reasonable pros and cons. Some are bothersome to only a small group of users. Some are a major problem. I've been using the Airsense for Her for 3 years now. Other than the problems I have when I have bursitis, no actual problems, although my SD card appears to be failing. New one coming today.
Post Reply Post Reply
So here's the thing. I love my S9. It was the machine I wanted when I started CPAP 8 years ago, and I fought hard to get it.

I started thinking a while ago that I should have a second machine as a backup, because, well, the S9 is 8 years old. So I got a *great* deal on an s10 at Supplier #32 a couple of months ago. (They still have a good deal on it, too...) It came with a normal hose, heated hose, several months worth of filters, and choice of mask - so I tried a new mask, too.

I haven't actually used the S9 since I got the S10. I didn't have the heated hose for the S9, and MAN what a difference it makes. The Airsense is quieter, for sure. Only thing I don't like better than the s9 is that a) the water tank is a lot smaller... I have to fill it every night instead of every couple. and b) you have to buy the cap end to *not* use the humidifier. But I can live with that. Smaller, more convenient to travel with, quieter... I *really* love the S10.

Now... the Airsense 10 For Her...

Only difference is that there is a female specific setting on the For Her that doesn't exist on the "for him" model. And the colour. A buddy of mine actually got one when he started on CPAP, from the DME... who didn't actually mention that... he just "needed to swap the cover..." He actually took the white cover off and replaced it... sold it under the wrong SKU (really wrong - he sold an Auto under a fixed CPAP sku) and with the wrong serial number.

You can guess the advice I game my newly minted hosehead friend. :-p
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2018, 05:11 PM)CHanlon Wrote: ...b) you have to buy the cap end to *not* use the humidifier.  But I can live with that.  Smaller, more convenient to travel with, quieter... I *really* love the S10...

I have the optional side cover....I don't think that it is a must have. You can turn off the humidifier feature to "0" and still have the standard humidifier tank installed. The APAP unit won't work if either the tank or the optional side cover is not installed.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
If you set humidifier to zero don’t you still have to have water in the chamber?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2018, 08:12 PM)yankees123 Wrote: If you set humidifier to zero don’t you still have to have water in the chamber?

The humidifier can be turned off and the chamber run dry. Adding water is passive humidification.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SR for clearing that up.
Post Reply Post Reply
The side cover is primarily useful if you travel. As mentioned, you don't NEED it to shut off humidification and still operate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 835 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 210 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 642 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.