Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense hose cleaning
AirSense hose cleaning
hello  I have the ResMed AirSense 10 with Climate air hose. I was given the lumin Bullet to clean inside of the hose but it's "not compatable" per resmed. There is a little "finger" that sticks down and blocks me from inserting the Bullet. I thought of cutting that "finger" but worry if sensor in it.  Talking to resmed was useless, no other hose works with AirSense 10 I was told Huh    Is there any work around?  This "finger" is at the mask end of the hose, the other machine end has 90 degree bend. Niether of the end pieces are removable?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense hose cleaning
I have used my same ClimateLine ResMed hose for 4ish years. I have cleaned it by soaking and rinsing in the kitchen sink armed with hot water and Dawn. Your choice to include the added cleaning accessory, but it is not required. And yes ResMed warranty is in danger if you use this thing.

Not a good idea to tear apart the hose or the little bump-out as it is a sensor as I recall. There is at least one other hose for your ResMed 10, a non-heated one. There may even be choices of slim vs standard non-heated.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you really, really, really want to have something other than a suitable cleaning fluid enter the tube, take a length of string about 25 cm longer than the tube is, tie a clean remnant of bedsheet on it so that the remnant won't slip along the axis of the string, and put a small plastic object as a weight at the opposite end where the remnant of sheet it held. * 

Drop the hard item, the weight, down into the tube and let it descend to emerge at the far orifice.  Then, with the cloth remnant wetted, draw the whole through the tube, carefully, and slowly.  Repeat.  Rinse the hose well, hang it and let it dry.

I'm now three full years into my CPAP use, and I have yet to replace a component or to pass anything through my hose.  I just add soapy water, slosh it back and forth, and then run a disinfectant through the hose, rinse well, and let it dry.  My stuff looks like it is brand new.

*Make darned sure the remnant of clean bed sheet isn't so large that it will jam inside the tube, and now you have to replace the tube. We're talking of a remnant maybe 5 cm wide by 10 cm long, no more. And that's just a SWAG.
Post Reply Post Reply
You found the temperature sensor that controls your Climateline tube. Don't feel bad. The last time I cleaned my tube was...I don't remember. I guess that is where that $90 UV sanitizer thing comes in. I wasn't born yesterday, you you were not "given" that UV sanitizer. It was paid for by you or insurance. You might want to look into making a return for refund of that up-sale item that does not fit your equipment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
UV will kill microorganisms but will not clean. If your concerned about bacteria un your hose your better off cleaning it as others have described and then flushing it with a liquid sanitizer like peroxide. Personally, I think it's unnecessary. I've been using the same hose for close to two years and have never cleaned it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2020, 03:25 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I have used my same ClimateLine ResMed hose for 4ish years. I have cleaned it by soaking and rinsing in the kitchen sink armed with hot water and Dawn. Your choice to include the added cleaning accessory, but it is not required. And yes ResMed warranty is in danger if you use this thing.

Not a good idea to tear apart the hose or the little bump-out as it is a sensor as I recall. There is at least one other hose for your ResMed 10, a non-heated one. There may even be choices of slim vs standard non-heated.

Yes I have both a standard and slimline non-heated hose. I just soak all hoses regardless of type in soap and water.....easy peasy
Post Reply Post Reply
GOTCHA  The UV bullet was a gift and is easily returnable to amazon Id rather keep original hose as I like cooler temps breathing Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
We have found things like Ozone and UV cleaners are only effective when used with regular cleaning, and they don't really add any safety or real benefits. Melman is our resident microbiologist and has a lot of experience with disinfection protocols. Use part of your refund to get a CPAP tube cover like the "Snugglehose tube cover". It will make the tube quieter and more comfortable and looks less like medical equipment. Welcome to the Forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a brush on the hose for my machine. I think it's about 5' long. It won't clean the entire length of the hose, but it comes close enough. 

The brush is on the end of a long flexible cable type material. There's a name for it, but it escapes me at the moment. The fibers on the brush easily allow the "finger" in the hose to pass thru it. 

I clean the hose about every other month or so. Some hot water and some dish soap work well. I let it soak for a good 30 min. or so, then swish it around well.
Post Reply Post Reply
hey sorry I forgot the absolutely most important hose cleaning advice. Soak the hose. Get coffee, lots of coffee. lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 219 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,790 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 342 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.