Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense10 Auto
AirSense10 Auto
I recently received my AirSense10 Auto Clinician Manual so I could better understand all of the options I could have control of.   So the other day I was looking at what all I could play with under the Sleep Report area, and so I changed my report setting from 30 day/one month to one year.  I just noticed that sometime in the last couple of days I notice it was set back to a one month and not one year period of time for the report.   I believe I know what happen but for a short bit of time I was wondering if "BIG BROTHER" was watching.  How did this get changed back from 1 year to 1 month ?  Did my DME or Some one at ResMed change my setting back to what the DME had set everything back who all can change the settings , can they be changed over the Cell connection remotely?  So I decide to make any changes say to my Pressure settings, the DME or Drs. or ResMed could remotely change my settings back to what they have decided is best for me.    Well I thought before I let my mind worry to much that BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.   I decide to retrace my last few steps to see if I did something that could have changed things back.  

When I normally remove my SD card say once a week or so to my computer for Sleepyhead and ResScan software I first unplug my AirSense10 , then Remove my SD Card, then Lock my SD Card, Then install the SD card in my computer to have the Software Read the Data.   So after I am done I make sure to it is all set to and safe to remove the SD card and then I remove it from my computer .   I then unlock the SD card, install the SD Card and then plug the AirSense10 Auto back in to power it up again.   As I did not know if it was always safe to remove it with Power still on the APAP.

The reason for the unit to reset from my 1 year setting back to the 30 Day setting is if power is remove on the AirSense10 it seems to default to the 30 day setting.    Not sure what other settings will default back to some factory setting as I do not believe the Pressure Setting for Min and Max Pressures ever get reset.    As that would be a bad thing as you have to unplug it to travel with it if you do not own a smaller travel CPAP or APAP machine..

Let me know if anyone know if these setting have a power up default setting or they could also be reset remotely over the cell tower communication.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense10 Auto
When you changed the report period, was the SD card out of the machine? If so, when you put the card back in, the machine read the settings from the card. The 30 day setting was on the SD card.

FYI, most of us set the period to one day. And, most do not disconnect power when pulling the SD card.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
justMongo,

Ok a few other questions:

In reading through the Clinician Manual.  It states that on page 29 that for compliance data it can be sent SD card to Cloud.  When I went to my Compliance visit they had printed that compliance report out for me and the date that it was printed was the day before my visit and they also did not have my SD card.   Where do we find access to this data of our on the cloud?   My Air account only show me the day to day basic stuff for up to 14 days but it is show all the summary information that is in a compliance report.

Also if  you could clear up the SD Storage concerns.  In the Clinician Manual same page 29 it states storage of up to 365 days for summary info, but the High Resolution data, 25Hz sample rate for Flow and Pressure data only the amount of information stored on the SD card is limited to the Capacity size of the SD card....sooo if the card is big enough I would assume it could also hold up to 365 days of this High Resolution data as well.    I am more curious than concerned as I down load my SD card to Sleepyhead and ResScan at least every two weeks. So I will have the data.

Which leads me to my next question:  If at the end of my SD card (365) day recording period which seems to be set by the AirSense10 Auto machine rather than due to the capacity of the SD card .   If I plan as a Back up of data to save the SD cards Year by Year.   What is the procedure to replace the SD card with a new Blank card.  Does is have to be formatted special or will do we not worry and just put a blank SD Card in and the AirSense10 Auto will just sense the blank card and upload the information it needs to send to the blank SD card to make it usable.     As I did not seem to see this in any of the manuals for this machine.    Please help me make sense out of all of my questions....   I just like to know what is coming and what I will need to do and know what will happen when that time comes so I do not have any problems down the road.   Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a CDMA cellular modem in the A10 series machines that uploads your data to their cloud.
Your only access to it is through MyAir. (Using that modem, on physician's order, they can change settings in your machine remotely.)

The older S9 machines could hold only 7 days of high sample rate data; and their card was typically a 2GB speed class 2 card. It is my understanding that 30 days of high sample rate data are retained on the SD card in the 10 series machines. I've not heard that it can retain more than that.

The SD card is formatted FAT32. You could format a new card in you computer; but you don't have to. If you put in a new card in the A10, that is not properly formatted, it will format the card. It will also write the basic machine info, such as serial number, to the card. Plus, it will write the last year of basic compliance data to the new card.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
justMongo,   Thanks for the feedback,  That has been what I have heard but when I read that page 29 for the Airsense10 Auto Clinician manual it seemed to indicate that it was dependent on the size of the SD card.    But I have not had mine for more than about 66 days but at a quick glance it would not appear that the SD card size will the limiting factor as I believe my card that came with my machine was a 4Gb card .

I am guessing that this AirSense10 auto has been out for over a year now can anyone else put this SD card question to bed as to the High data rate  Flow and Pressure date can only be stored for 30 days and 365 days for all the summary data.   Also after a full year how much data is stored on the SD card at that point.   As if I would like to save my SD cards what size of card do I really need.

Since I have been keeping up my updating my data from the SD card to Sleepyhead and ResScan what are all the files I could backup for those two software to keep all the High data rate data and the summary data backed up. 

Let me know the best and safest method to keep a proper back up just incase.  

Also does Sleepyhead handle reading data for over a year or more?  Or does it not more than a year's worth of data.

Thank you  Forum for all of you putting up with my ton of questions.... C2
Post Reply Post Reply
C2,
Memory devices do fail.  Archiving your SD card data to a backup device is very wise.  Especially if you are required to furnish compliance data to a regulatory authority.

Mongo, Excellent pics!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2017, 06:29 AM)justMongo Wrote: It will also write the basic machine info, such as serial number, to the card.  Plus, it will write the last year of basic compliance data to the new card.

This is interesting.
I've just ordered the Toshiba wireless SD card.  My intention was to copy the data from my original card to the Toshiba, but this is not needed?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2017, 12:22 PM)c2workout Wrote: Let me know the best and safest method to keep a proper back up just incase.  

Also does Sleepyhead handle reading data for over a year or more?  Or does it not more than a year's worth of data.

C2workout, for my backup I just created a "CPAP" folder on my google drive and once or twice a week I copy the entire SD card to it, overwritting any files. Your detailed data will all be there, but the summary will be overwritten. If that is not what you wish, you can zip compress the entire SD and store it anywere, but keep in mind that the file size can grow pretty quickly, and the summary is pretty useless as it can be calculated from the detailed data (and SleepyHead does this).

As for the SleepyHead data over long periods, it does its own data backup and I didn't notice any deletion or cleanup routine in the source code, but I'm not entirely sure. May I ask you why are you interested in such a long period of old data ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2017, 08:15 PM)CB91710 Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 06:29 AM)justMongo Wrote: It will also write the basic machine info, such as serial number, to the card.  Plus, it will write the last year of basic compliance data to the new card.

This is interesting.
I've just ordered the Toshiba wireless SD card.  My intention was to copy the data from my original card to the Toshiba, but this is not needed?

Summary data is all that would be written to your new card. ResMed stores detailed, high resolution flow and pressure data to the SD card. If you want to retain this data you will need to copy it from your old card. copy your SD card to your flashair and this way your original SD card is now a backup.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2017, 02:55 PM)AlanE Wrote: Summary data is all that would be written to your new card. ResMed stores detailed, high resolution flow and pressure data to the SD card. If you want to retain this data you will need to copy it from your old card. copy your SD card to your flashair and this way your original SD card is now a backup.

Sounds good.

Looks 10+ years of detailed data can be logged on 32gb...  I'm only at 1.57gb total in my Sleepyhead data folder, and that's for two of us from the beginning of November to the beginning of April.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Airsense10 autoset data] CSL and EVE file content? biorn 3 748 04-04-2021, 08:50 PM
Last Post: biorn
  Airsense10 Autoset Graphs in SleepyHead ddsr 2 1,488 05-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.