Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense10 auto keeps sending data, even though it’s in Airplane Mode
RE: AirSense10 auto keeps sending data, even though it’s in Airplane Mode
(08-07-2019, 12:58 PM)brainf0g Wrote: This is highly disturbing.

@crowtor is this easily reversible? Thank you.

Given that this is an unplugging hardware situation, I believe it is reversible.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2019, 08:13 PM)WhyMe Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 07:42 PM)OperaSinger Wrote: .  Is there a way for me, as a patient, to access that data somehow, to check?  Is it going to ResMed or my DME?

I wonder if the MyAir app pulls data from the same place.  I may have to test that later - turn on airplane mode for a night and see if MyAir updates in the morning.

AFIK, the MyAir app data comes from the same cellular data that the DMEs access. If you can get MyAir app data then your cellular modem is on. However, you can't necessarily assume the opposite. ResMed could get your cellular data but not make it available to the MyAir app. So just because you don't see your data doesn't prove that ResMed didn't get it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2019, 01:19 PM)Stom Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 08:13 PM)WhyMe Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 07:42 PM)OperaSinger Wrote: .  Is there a way for me, as a patient, to access that data somehow, to check?  Is it going to ResMed or my DME?

I wonder if the MyAir app pulls data from the same place.  I may have to test that later - turn on airplane mode for a night and see if MyAir updates in the morning.

AFIK, the MyAir app data comes from the same cellular data that the DMEs access. If you can get MyAir app data then your cellular modem is on. However, you can't necessarily assume the opposite. ResMed could get your cellular data but not make it available to the MyAir app. So just because you don't see your data doesn't prove that ResMed didn't get it.

From what I can tell (and this is only my opinion), the data is uploaded to some central database that is used by both myAir & the DME advanced web interface. myAir just gives you very simplistic view of the data, while the DME has access to the full data.

Overall, I would think that if it is in Airplane Mode then it should absolutely not be sending any data.
Captain Steubing
The Original Captain of "The Love Boat"
Purveyor of presto magic, love and chaos!
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2019, 01:03 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 12:58 PM)brainf0g Wrote: This is highly disturbing.

@crowtor is this easily reversible? Thank you.

Given that this is an unplugging hardware situation, I believe it is reversible.

Yes, very reversible and safe, its just a plug, only a small one, about 5mm in length. Turn the cpap off and disconnect from mains, then remove the plug.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2019, 02:25 PM)OperaSinger Wrote: data and refused my SD card. When I called my DME, they said they showed that Airplane Mode was OFF, even though I was looking at the Green airplane icon on the screen during the call. 

The DME will never see Airplane mode=ON because when it's ON the Airsense does not send anything, including its Airplane status...
They may be seeing outdated data from when the Airsense was last connected to the network, when Airplane mode was obviously OFF.
Ask them what time/date is your machine configuration last read.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 250 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 682 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.