Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions?
Angry 
AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions?
I've been using a CPAP about 6 mos and just can't seem to find a mask that works.  First tried the F20 and thought I'd lose my mind--a big NO for full face masks.  I sleep on my side and felt like I had a torture device strapped to my head.

Next is the nose pillows - AirFit P10:  they mostly work but I get sores around my nose and inside my nose. I've tried using Vic's inside my nose which helps make the sores feel better but I guess petroleum products are bad for the mask.  Then I got some "Ayr" saline gel but that makes my nose piece slip off in the middle of the night and hubby complains I sound like a jet engine.  The nose sores get so bad, I can't sleep and/or I have to just not use the mask every now and then to let my nose heal, and hope insurance doesn't scream.  Some may say the nose strap is too tight, but the problem is if I use the stock P10 strap, it slides off my hair/head and nothing I can do makes it stay in place, so I switched the strap to a Snugell and it stays put (and is a little tighter, but I can adjust the tightness).

Finally this week I got an AirTouch N20.  Fits fine when I'm sitting upright and I thought this would be the game changer.  HOWEVER, when I lay down, the sucker digs so much into my cheek, I can't deal with it (even adjusting the straps 47,000 times).  I wore it exactly 2 hours and gave up--went back to the nose pillows.

So, I want to love the N20--lots of nice features and nothing digging into my nostrils, but I can't seem to adjust it to where it's not digging into my cheek on one side.  Is it my anatomy?  or is there something I can do?  Help!!

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions?
I moved from the N20 to the Respironics Wisp several years ago and never looked back. I trade off with the Brevida if I feel stuffed up.
The Wisp looks like the N20, but it fits me better.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions?
I'm way too late to reply to this, but I thought I would share nonetheless.

So here goes, I simply use a cover like this with the N20 to resolve that issue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 171 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 466 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Beard with a full mask AirTouch F20 resmed Slopey 5 1,104 09-09-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: NorthCoastLocal
  Creative solutions if you don't have a night stand? rpierce 6 632 08-28-2023, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.