Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 ST Pressure Drop
Aircurve 10 ST Pressure Drop
Using a ResMed Aircurve 10 ST with pressures of 8 and 14, central apnea. Can't seem to adjust to sudden drop off of pressure when reaching the 14 pressure and exhaling, it goes immediately to 8. Any ideas on machine adjustments? Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 ST Pressure Drop
G'day Palmisland, welcome to Apnea Board.

You can obtain the clinician manual for your machine via the link at the top of this page. Please read the instructions carefully and make sure you select the exact right machine - there are hundreds of manuals available and it's easy to get them confused.

The clinician manual will give you all the details to interrogate your machine and see exactly how it's set up. Probably the second most important thing is which mode is it set in? Your machine can work in modes S, ST, T and CPAP, and each one behaves differently.

However the most important question is why are you using an ST to treat central apnea? It is indicated for obstructive apnea - you need an ASV for central. These are very expensive so it may be that you're being "tested" on the bilevel. If you "fail" that, the insurance company will then consider forking out for an ASV. Crazy stupid system but what can you do?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2016, 07:57 PM)palmisland Wrote: Using a ResMed Aircurve 10 ST with pressures of 8 and 14, central apnea. Can't seem to adjust to sudden drop off of pressure when reaching the 14 pressure and exhaling, it goes immediately to 8. Any ideas on machine adjustments? Thanks for the help.
Hi palmisland,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Good luck to you with getting your problems straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I've split out the discussion about the definition of a ventilator. Perhaps members can now chime in and address Palmisland's original question.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know of no way to tailor the transition from ipap to epap in ST mode. in S mode, you can turn on easybreath.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2016, 07:17 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Palmisland, welcome to Apnea Board.

You can obtain the clinician manual for your machine via the link at the top of this page. Please read the instructions carefully and make sure you select the exact right machine - there are hundreds of manuals available and it's easy to get them confused.

The clinician manual will give you all the details to interrogate your machine and see exactly how it's set up. Probably the second most important thing is which mode is it set in? Your machine can work in modes S, ST, T and CPAP, and each one behaves differently.

However the most important question is why are you using an ST to treat central apnea? It is indicated for obstructive apnea - you need an ASV for central. These are very expensive so it may be that you're being "tested" on the bilevel. If you "fail" that, the insurance company will then consider forking out for an ASV. Crazy stupid system but what can you do?

Thank you for the tips, I fear you're correct regarding insurance companies. The ST function has reduced my CA episodes from 37+ per hour with the ResMed S9 to less than one per hour with the Aircurve 10 ST so they (prescribing Dr. and clinician) are satisfied as am I with the performance. But there is still the little problem of the exhaling feeling like the air is being sucked from my lungs, yikes. I'll wonder around the clinician's manual for some ideas. Great form, thankful I found you all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2016, 07:17 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Palmisland, welcome to Apnea Board.

Progress being made. After moving my lower pressure of 8 to 9, absolutely no help, but then moving my higher pressure 14 lower to 13 things became easier on the exhale. The theory behind the lower upper pressure was the shorter distance to fall from 13 to 8 would be less abrupt and seem more natural to my breathing pattern. I doubt if there's any scientific support on the above but it's working, all events below 1.0 and 7 hours average per night. Palmisland
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 128 1 hour ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 279 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,235 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  reboot aircurve 10 luebcke 4 149 03-06-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.