Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 Settings
Aircurve 10 Settings
I'm trying to change my EPAP and IPAP settings. When I make changes (no more than 1cm) and start my CPAP before sleeping, the ramp up displays the previous EPAP/IPAP settings. However, the current settings are shown on my OSCAR software when I download.
Sorry if I'm rambling.
Suggestions?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 Settings
You probably are changing the max IPAP which doesn't change the PS level. Change the EPAP for the base pressure on exhale and the PS (pressure support) for how much pressure above the EPAP you want on inhale. The IPAP just limits this pressure. So if my EPAP is 8, PS is 4, and my max IPAP is 10... it's going to provide 2cm of pressure support on inhale, whereas it'd be 4cm if my EPAP was on 6.
Post Reply Post Reply
DreamR - It sounds like you have the ramp option turned on. The ramp settings are independent of the normal pressures and is available in all modes. The ramp feature is located under the Comfort options in the clinician menu.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be that your settings are enforced from the SD card. Either format the existing card in your pc or grab another one
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for your replies. I followed Crimson Nape's suggestion and adjusted the ramp setting and now my EPAP and IPAP values are where I want them.
Thanks again, everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm trying to turn on SmartStart, but it's greyed out. Any ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Turn off the leak alert then you will be able enable Smart Start, its one or the other
Post Reply Post Reply
God, would it have killed them to mention that?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 12 232 Yesterday, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 157 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 180 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 103 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,018 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 183 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 746 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.