Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 bilevel and Dreamwear
Aircurve 10 bilevel and Dreamwear
HELP PLEASE.
I'm not new to the CPAP world. I used one many moons ago. I stopped using it because of the noise and getting raped up in the tubing and the huge full face mask. I am new to this forum. So much has changed. The DR. has me on a Aircurve 10 VAUTO with a Dreamwear mask. I started back in February this year with Resmed airsense 10 autoset with the dreamwear mask @ pressure set 11. I was loving it. Then I went for the 2nd sleep study. He changed me to the bilevel aircurve vauto with the dreamwear mask. Pressure is now 13 and 17. I can not control the leaks. I'm having a hard time finding anything on this machine. I can access the menu just like airsense 10 but I'm not understanding it enough to make any changes. I don't want to give up the Dreamwear. Can anyone help??
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 bilevel and Dreamwear
I can't speak to the machine, but I am a DreamWear user and would be glad to share what I've learned about leaks with the mask.

For me, I get leaks with the DreamWear when the cushion is too big. I measure for a MediumWide or a Large cushion. But the Medium works best for me - it nuzzles to my nose, seals, and stays put.

I've also heard that there can be leaking when the "frame" (connecting the hose to the nose cushion) is too big.

So you may want to try different sizes. I did this by ordering them on Amazon. But if you have a good DME nearby, they should help you with this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Hydrangea, I have med and a large pillows. I might need to try the med-wide. I also looked up how to size for the frame. Med is 19 inches, large is 22 inches. When I measured my self it was 21 1/12 inches. I have the med frame. My local med supply shop is so busy they heard you in and out like cattle. They act like they are doing me a favor by spending my money with them. I had very little problems with the Airsense 10, the Aircurve 10 is at higher pressure. I'm looking for input before I spend anymore money. Even with really good insurance, I'm getting nailed for cash. I thank you for responding if you can think of anything else please let me know.
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
Try the air fit p10s. I used to be a dreamwear user with the vAuto and the p10s are so comfortable!

The Aircurve 10 vAuto is a great machine and when you get the settings dialed in it's extremely comfortable.

The first thing you need to do is download sleepyhead from the link in the menu above and post some data. That way the members of this forum can help you optimize!
Post Reply Post Reply
I set up sleepyhead this morning. I'm learning how to read it. What would I need to post to get more help? Also I was just messing with my machine, do you know what setting the dreamwear mask should be on nasal or pillow? Is there a difference between the 2?

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2017, 12:11 PM)smiledog Wrote: HELP PLEASE.
I'm not new to the CPAP world. I used one many moons ago. I stopped using it because of the noise and getting raped up in the tubing and the huge full face mask. I am new to this forum. So much has changed. The DR. has me on a Aircurve 10 VAUTO with a Dreamwear mask. I started back in February this year with Resmed airsense 10 autoset with the dreamwear mask @ pressure set 11. I was loving it. Then I went for the 2nd sleep study. He changed me to the bilevel aircurve vauto with the dreamwear mask. Pressure is now 13 and 17. I can not control the leaks. I'm having a hard time finding anything on this machine. I can access the menu just like airsense 10 but I'm not understanding it enough to make any changes. I don't want to give up the Dreamwear. Can anyone help??

You would be the first person I have heard of being raped by a mask. Laugh-a-lot

I'm curious why the doctor changed you to a bilevel machine, whether you needed it for comfort, or if you were having centrals or what the problem was with the auto CPAP.  Once we know the answers to that, I can suggest some changes to take advantage of the fact you have an Auto bilevel rather than fixed pressure machine.  Your pressure of 17/13 could easily be reduced by using VAuto mode, with a minimum EPAP pressure of 10 Maximum pressure of 17 and PS (pressure support) of 4.0. That will let the machine range from 14/10 to 17/13 automatically based on your needs, rather than use high pressure all the time. 

For the Resmed P10 mask, use a nasal pillow size larger than you think you need. It will fit and flow better.  Spread the headgear straps for a looser fit, and bring them closer together for a tighter fit.  You should not wear the mask very tight as it seals best when just held in place.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi smiledog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and also with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about the typo. But it is pretty funny. I see the doc the first week in May, I'll get the info so I can get some input from everyone. I changed a few things today, hopefully it will be better tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, I still need help. These are my stats. I spoke with my equipment provider, she is telling me to go back to my med size pillow, so I did for the last 2 nights. She also looked at my numbers and said I'm doing fine. I'm just learning how to read these numbers. I would like to hear from anyone that can help. My wife tells me she doesn't hear any leaking, but I'm still getting a red frowny  face, and according to these numbers I'm still leaking badly I think?. I'm sorry for they way it's showing. I copy and pasted and this is how it came out.
Most Recent

Last Week
Last 30 Days
Last 6 Months
Last Year
CPAP Usage
Average Hours per Night
07:07
07:11
06:48
Compliance
100%
100%
90%
90%
90%
Therapy Efficacy
AHI
Obstructive Index
Hypopnea Index
Clear Airway Index
Leak Statistics
Average Leak Rate
90% Leak Rate
% of time above Leak Rate threshold
52.44%
55.98%
47.46%
47.46%
47.46%
Pressure Statistics
Average EPAP
Min EPAP
Max EPAP
Average IPAP
90% IPAP
Min IPAP
Max IPAP

Changes to Prescription Settings
First
Last
Days
AHI
FL
Machine
Pressure Relief
Mode
Pressure SettingsMon Apr 3 2017
Wed Apr 12 2017
VAuto (37051)
None
VPAP-S
EPAP 13.0 IPAP 17.0 (cmH2O)

Machine Information
Brand
Series
Model
Serial
First Use
Last UseResMed
AirCurve 10
VAuto (37051)
4/3/2017
4/12/2017

Post Reply Post Reply
In terms of events, you're doing very good. Leaks, not so much. Regardless of size, I don't see nasal pillows being in your circle. You are above the large leak threshold more often than not, and I think you might be a future full-face customer. The leaks must be coming from an open airway through your mouth.

Good machine, good results, terrible chronic leaks. You need to change mask types.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to Bilevel and lots of CAs Thorne88 0 20 57 minutes ago
Last Post: Thorne88
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 570 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 81 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 200 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 177 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.