Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 vauto question
Aircurve 10 vauto question
Hi I was titrated in the lab and and my min pressure is 6 with max pressure at 10..  I do not want to go through a DME and I want to use my Aircurve 10 vauto.. Is there a way that this unit can function as an Auto Cpap?   If it can what do I set my settings to mimic min pressure 6 and max at 10?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 vauto question
(10-21-2019, 01:10 PM)GoldMaster Wrote: Hi I was titrated in the lab and and my min pressure is 6 with max pressure at 10..  I do not want to go through a DME and I want to use my Aircurve 10 vauto.. Is there a way that this unit can function as an Auto Cpap?   If it can what do I set my settings to mimic min pressure 6 and max at 10?

Use the VAuto mode, set min EPAP at 6, PS at 4, and max IPAP at whatever (15-20?).

The CPAP mode can't do the pressure settings your titration study says you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
The vauto can’t function as an APAP but you can get it reasonably close.  

EPR on a resmed APAP is similar to a true bilevel in that it drops the pressure by 1-3 cm based on the EPR setting.  The difference is that an APAP removes the pressure, whereas a bipap adds the pressure to the EPAP in the form of pressure support.

If your APAP settings are 6-10, you want to set the EPAP (expiratory) at 4 min to 7 max and set the PS (pressure support) to 3.  

This will get you the closest.  Since the vauto can’t go below 4, the starting IPAP (inspiratory) would be 7 and the max IPAP would be 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have 2 different assumptions of whar EPR you were using above.
without EPR
Mode = VAuto
EPAP Min = 6
IPAP Max = 10 ( may be higher as long as pressure doesn't run away )
PS = 0

To adjust for EPR
Mode = VAuto
EPAP Min = 6 - EPR
PS = EPR
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2019, 05:07 PM)bonjour Wrote: You have 2 different assumptions of whar EPR you were using above.
without EPR
Mode = VAuto
EPAP Min = 6
PS = 0

To adjust for EPR
Mode = VAuto
EPAP Min = 6 - EPR
PS = EPR

Good point - I forget that the vauto can be set with 0 PS.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need help be with Ti min and Ti max, just got airsense vauto and got some questions shedu1337 7 173 Yesterday, 09:02 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 12 243 Yesterday, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 161 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 183 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 107 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,027 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 188 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.