Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 vpapauto use experiences
Aircurve 10 vpapauto use experiences
Does someone have an experience to share regarding the use of the resmed aircurve 10, vpap machine. I just started using one and I wanted to learn a bit of other experiences?? For example, things I would like to know are what factors to be aware of that may need adjustment, etc...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 vpapauto use experiences
Are you assuming that your range is 5-20 or is that what it has been set at? The max wir pressure for the VPAPs is 25 cm/H2O.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
What are your current settings? It appears you are in Auto mode with min EPAP 5.0, Max IPAP 13 and PS 3.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 11:29 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: What are your current settings? It appears you are in Auto mode with min EPAP 5.0, Max IPAP 13 and PS 3.0.

my settings were:

ps=4
timax=2
timin=.3
ipapmax=25
epapmin=5
trigger=low
cycle=med

with these settings I got:
IPAP median 11.3, max 14.3
EPAP median 7.4, max 10.3
Apnea Index=12.7, AHI=16.7, central=10.4, after 44 days

I now made some changes to:
timax=3
timin=1
Ipap=25
Epap=6.6
ps=3

not sure which numbers to change to address my centrals
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your rationale for changing Ti max and Ti min? Why is your trigger set to "low"?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the increase in EPAP Min should help with residual OA events. The reduced pressure support should help with the CA, and it could go to 2.0. It will be interesting to see how this works out. The use of pressure support in some people tends to increase CA. I don't have enough information to advise on the timing or trigger. Your tidal and timing looked good from the data you included before, so I'd leave those settings along unless you have something in mind.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2157]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2161]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 01:26 PM)PaytonA Wrote: What is your rationale for changing Ti max and Ti min? Why is your trigger set to "low"?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

when I put my trigger on medium, it appears the machines is forcing the air before I need it and forces me to inhale to quickly between breaths where with a setting to low I do not get this at all and its more comfortable. however, I have noticed that the first 11 days of use with a trigger setting to medium provided better results then when my trigger is set to low. I feel my nostrils inflate (i use nasal pillows) when trigger is set to medium and not as much when the trigger is set low
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 08:15 PM)ckingzzzs Wrote: when I put my trigger on medium, it appears the machines is forcing the air before I need it and forces me to inhale to quickly between breaths where with a setting to low I do not get this at all and its more comfortable. however, I have noticed that the first 11 days of use with a trigger setting to medium provided better results then when my trigger is set to low. I feel my nostrils inflate (i use nasal pillows) when trigger is set to medium and not as much when the trigger is set low

You should make changes one at a time and wait several days or weeks to see its effect. I recommend putting the machine settings back to what the doctor ordered, see what at least a week or two's data looks like, and then possibly consider making a change based on the data or experiences.

Have you tried a mask other than nasal pillows? Some people don't like pillows because of the way they can inflate your nostrils so they try a nasal mask.

They switched you to the VAuto to treat central apnea? What was the reasoning behind that decision?
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 02:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think the increase in EPAP Min should help with residual OA events. The reduced pressure support should help with the CA, and it could go to 2.0. It will be interesting to see how this works out. The use of pressure support in some people tends to increase CA. I don't have enough information to advise on the timing or trigger. Your tidal and timing looked good from the data you included before, so I'd leave those settings along unless you have something in mind.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2157]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2161]

Sleeprider I think your analysis is pretty good and here is why. I changed the following yesterday and got some of the best results in days.

PS=3
timax=2.3
tmin=.6
trigger=med
cycle=med
epapmin=6.6

the only problem I am having is that when viewing the horizontal bar graph on the machine as I breath, the machine drops down in pressure before I have had a chance to complete inhalation. I am not sure if this is a cycle issue or I need to increase my tmin. and wondering as to what figure I should increase epapmin

[attachment=2167]
Post Reply Post Reply
That last day looks quite a bit better. You can let that setting go for a while, but I still see a correlation of peak pressure with CA events. I would consider limiting IPAP Max to 11.0 based on what I'm seeing there, and I still like a PS of +2, but a few more days at current settings are not going to hurt.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 553 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 671 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.