Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve ASV pressure issues
RE: Aircurve ASV pressure issues
ok, I think i modified the view field as the instructions detail... i hope

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What you can do is drag and squash the chart segments a bit to fit in leaks in that shot.

If you were saying you have dry mouth on a pillows or nasal mask, that's likely to be mouth leaks. Then again, drying out nasal passages and causing bleeding is probably from not enough moisture.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
more data

Post Reply Post Reply
i'll get better at this, I promise...

Post Reply Post Reply
Until the Aircurve, never have experienced any of these issues.  I taped my mouth shut to rule out mouth leaks, which to me pretty much points to mask leaks.  But it just seems odd that every problem with dryness, leaks etc have only occurred with the resmed. I have used these same type masks for years with the system one with no problems.  I seems that the pressures generated by the resmed are actually blasting the mask off, but when these issues occur, im sleepy and groggy and may not be recalling the sensation of the high pressure accurately. I am really trying to follow the oscar posting guides accurately, but obviously struggling.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can tell already the leak rate is your enemy. Leaks over redline at 22.899% just being a part of the issue. I've used the ResMed ASV in the past and it didn't like high leaks.

To me, it looks like mouth leaks for about the first third, then mask leaks most of the rest of the session.

Mask leaks right at the beginning, then mouth leaks just before 0000 to about 0110. More mask leaks throughout.

One OSCAR tip on leak rate charts is to add a line at 24, the ResMed redline.

I'm guessing you have a high resolution monitor, because things seem to be magnified.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can't get the leaks under control, a full face mask might be needed. The leaks are not related to pressure, as you have long periods that are leak-free with the same pressure as when the leaks are present. I think they are coming from your mouth, and for most of us, we are not aware of these leaks until we arouse and realize the mouth is extremely dry and uncomfortable. An alternative to taping is the soft cervical collar or a chin-strap that applies upward pressure, rather than pulling the jaw back. Just some encouragement of the jaw can keep the mouth closed enough to avoid this problem for some of us.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Im using a very old dell laptop, not sure of the resolution of the monitor, but I am re-studying the posting / chart organization and will improve.  When I lowered the pressure way down on the PS, I did not have a surge / higher apnea rate, but the mask didn't blow off. I suspected the machine was overcompensating or something, again because when i limit its higher pressure I have decent results, and the masks, all types seen to hold.  I have wondered if I really need it on the ASV AUTO setting, as it is currently, or would the ASV or CPAP settings be adequate.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate you taking time to analyze the data.  I will look at a new cushion / headgear for my full face mask, or shop for a different style.  If I was new to cpap or had always had mouth leaks and mask leaks, I would understand my situation better; however, only experiencing it since the change to the aircurve, with every mask that i had previously used fine, experiencing the dry mouth with the aircurve, again never previoulym I just kept thinking it was the pressure settings.  Would the SD card data from my prior machine, the system one be instructive or useless? And again thanks for helping.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the ResMed ASV, CPAP mode is straight pressure, not capable of treating Centrals. ASV mode makes EPAP a single pressure, I found it not to treat as well for me as ASV Auto.

I personally prefer to deal will leaks directly with the mask issue, mouth tape, chin strap etc. than lowering pressure. You're then avoiding leaks rather than fixing/addressing, and you're compromising therapy.

I'm not saying you must, but a full face mask like the Fisher and Paykel Vitera is a good choice in that type. I know it handled ASV pressure for me. I ran ASV Auto mode, EPAP 8-13 PS 3-15 and my Max leak rate was 10 when I adjusted the Vitera correctly under those settings. And correctly adjusted straps wasn't tight but loose for this one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 79 4 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 39 5 hours ago
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 187 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 995 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 152 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 694 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.