Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve Question
Aircurve Question
I have been using an AirCurve for 18 months now, and have noticed my humidifier is using twice as much water as it used to? I have my level set at 4, and all my water is used in about 7 to 8 hours. Is this common, or is my machine going bad? Thanks for any expertise offered!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve Question
It is probably just due to the colder weather. We run our heat systems and this tends to dry the air out. Do you happen to know the humidity level your bedroom is at? If it's on the dry side, this is likely the issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. You could use a room humidifier and that would reduce the amount of water evaporated from the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what the room humidity is? We run a heat pump here and the room temp is around 67 or 68 degrees...
Post Reply Post Reply
OK it may just be "it's winter" status. As mentioned by Sleeprider, if you want, you can add humidity from a room unit and it would likely lower PAP humidifier water use.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using most of the water turn down the humidifier
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not really worried about using the water @ .80/gal, as long as it doesn't indicate a problem with the unit itself... That I wouldn't want to have to replace!

Thanks for the replies!
Post Reply Post Reply
Even cheaper is use of tap water. Distilled is supposedly required, but a lot here on the Board just use tap. If the water is good enough to drink, it's good enough to go in the humidifier. Just rinse it out weekly and look for mineral build-up, but it'll be fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
LOL I used tap water for the entire life cycle of my S8, but switched to distilled when I started with my S9, (and now with S10). Our water here is not really too hard, but I I'm worth it...  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,490 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,334 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.