Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve Question
RE: Aircurve Question
And a new machine to boot. Congrats. Virtual coffee on me. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2021, 04:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: This "air outlet adapter and seal" is the part and it costs less than  $10.  I mentioned it earlier.  Usually it only needs reseated.  Glad you found the problem.

[Image: s-l400.jpg]

When you mentioned the outlet seal I thought you were speaking of the connection leaving the chamber... lol Looking at this here I don't see how it was leaking with the tubing directly connected to the adapter. (the seal connection to the chamber was in good shape, and looked as good as the one on my new unit). Why wouldn't the DME know this and simply replace the whole adapter, looks very simple??? No wonder people have to pay so much for these units...
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2021, 04:22 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: And a new machine to boot. Congrats. Virtual coffee on me. Coffee

I went in expecting to get a loaner while mine went off for evaluation, but as soon as I mentioned it was still under warranty the tech said I could get a brand new one today... Glad I didn't know that it probably only needed a cheap part replaced, (or my conscience probably would have kicked in). Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
You came out very well while dealing with the DME in this case. Be careful, they may double up on the bad your next visit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shamus, you stubbornly avoided posting an Oscar chart. My expectation is that it shows a steady baseline leak which looks very different from mask leaks that are more inconsistent. We learn from looking at images like that because it helps us to recognize a pattern that can help others. I hope you'll reconsider.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2021, 09:41 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Shamus, you stubbornly avoided posting an Oscar chart. My expectation is that it shows a steady baseline leak which looks very different from mask leaks that are more inconsistent. We learn from looking at images like that because it helps us to recognize a pattern that can help others.  I hope you'll reconsider.

It wasn't my intent to be stubborn, sorry... Tell me what you would like for me to do now. (hopefully my 7 year old desktop will accommodate?)  Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2021, 09:06 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: You came out very well while dealing with the DME in this case. Be careful, they may double up on the bad your next visit.

I guess it was easier to just replace the unit, than understand the problem? Probably didn't merit a new machine, but I'll take it... Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I was mainly interested in seeing a typical Oscar chart as described in the Organizing Your Oscar Chart, including the leak chart. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Sorry about the stubborn comment. My intention is to get a good screenshot of what this condition looks like, so we can help others to identify the problem from their chart. For example, if I had a good screenshot like this, I could have replied to you, "does your leak chart look like this"? and post the image. You would have then known what to do.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2021, 08:51 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I was mainly interested in seeing a typical Oscar chart as described in the Organizing Your Oscar Chart, including the leak chart. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Sorry about the stubborn comment. My intention is to get a good screenshot of what this condition looks like, so we can help others to identify the problem from their chart.  For example, if I had a good screenshot like this, I could have replied to you, "does your leak chart look like this"? and post the image.  You would have then known what to do.

I downloaded OSCAR 64 bit for Win10 just now... Using the AirCurve S10, will Oscar be writing on my SD card? If so, will the files interfere with the ResMed software in place? This was the main reason I hesitated to use Oscar in the first place... My machine is downloaded remotely a couple times per year for Doctors reports, and daily for My Air monitoring. I also on occasion use my card to look at things using ResScan 5.9 software.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I recall, no OSCAR doesn't write onto the SD. But if it does, the ResMed 10 series machines aren't affected. Windows however may write some file. ResMed 9 series was affected, and you had to lock your SD before inserting it into you PC.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 573 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,364 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.