Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve Question
Aircurve Question
I'm having an ongoing air leakage problem here (over a month) on my AirCurve machine. Most nights I get a RED face on the sleep indicator, but I can't figure out where the mask or tubing is leaking? Both mask and tubing have been replaced, and I'm using the same type (mirage quatro) that I've used for over ten years I also continue to use more water than expected for the past few months. Could my water chamber seal be leaking air? At wits end here...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve Question
The other source for leaks is at the water chamber. Make sure the humidifier chamber is sealed tightly against the seal that conducts air from the machine to the humidity chamber, and that the outlet seal is firmly in place. Inspect the lid seal. If there are leaks at the machine in the humidity chamber, you should hear it. The only other place is the mask.

A leak in the mechanical system will be constant, while mask leaks fluctuate. If you are able to download and install the free OSCAR program, the nature of the leaks would be obvious for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2021, 10:00 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The other source for leaks is at the water chamber. Make sure the humidifier chamber is sealed tightly against the seal that conducts air from the machine to the humidity chamber, and that the outlet seal is firmly in place. Inspect the lid seal.  If there are leaks at the machine in the humidity chamber, you should hear it.  The only other place is the mask.  

A leak in the mechanical system will be constant, while mask leaks fluctuate.  If you are able to download and install the free OSCAR program, the nature of the leaks would be obvious for you.

I have checked to see that the seals for both the connection and lid seal are in place and no obvious damage... I've installed my new spare chamber and will check it tonight to see if anything changes. As for any abnormal amount of noise, I really haven't noticed... It's got to be something not quite right though, somewhere???

Are you saying that OSCAR can tell me whether the leakage is from the mask, hose, or chamber?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar can show us the extent of leaks, when they occur and whether they are likely related to mask leaks or system leaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2021, 11:36 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Oscar can show us the extent of leaks, when they occur and whether they are likely related to mask leaks or system leaks.

Okay, it appears that these issues are within my AirCurve machine itself... I've swapped out masks, tubing, and water chamber, and the leakage and excessive water usage continues. Now the fun begins with trying to get my DME to correct the issues, or replace the unit itself... Very discouraged here right now!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you misunderstood. Post a chart, and we can tell you if the leaks are likely mask or air-circuit. The most likely source of leaks is the mask, and it is very unusual for a machine to malfunction in that way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2021, 09:59 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think you misunderstood. Post a chart, and we can tell you if the leaks are likely mask or air-circuit. The most likely source of leaks is the mask, and it is very unusual for a machine to malfunction in that way.

No i didn't misunderstand, I was just curious as to how Oscar could tell where a leak was coming from...  As for my assertion that the problem is with the machine and not user controlled items like chamber/tubing/mask, I have eliminated all of that. Remember, I have been using these masks for over ten years, and know how to correct a leaking seal or headgear issue. My AirCurve will soon be out of warranty, and I'm going to ensure my machine is working correctly or get a replacement from my DME before the warranty ends... lol  I have been using my ResScan 5.9 software to check on details for several years now with both the S 10 and S 9 machines. I do plan on downloading Oscar Software at some point though... Grin Thanks again, I'll post after I get some answers from my Sleep Doctor and DME folks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not an OSCAR expert like Sleeprider, but as for leaks and OSCAR, if you're good at it, you'll look at the leak chart patterns and be able to determine a mask leak. There won't be a specific OSCAR flag saying "your leaks are mask based" or similar. It's reading the leak chart patterns that tells us what's going on
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2021, 12:00 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'm not an OSCAR expert like Sleeprider, but as for leaks and OSCAR, if you're good at it, you'll look at the leak chart patterns and be able to determine a mask leak. There won't be a specific OSCAR flag saying "your leaks are mask based" or similar. It's reading the leak chart patterns that tells us what's going on

I had pretty much decided that my leakage wasn't from chamber/tubing/mask, but posted to see if anyone had experienced this issue. As it turned out, I took my machine in today and they told me the leak was coming from behind the machine where the tubing hooks up to a rotating disk... Gave me a brand spanking new one!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
This "air outlet adapter and seal" is the part and it costs less than  $10.  I mentioned it earlier.  Usually it only needs reseated.  Glad you found the problem.

[Image: s-l400.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 551 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 203 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.