Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve S and lost
Aircurve S and lost
            Hello,

I've been married to my wife for 20 years. In that 20 years, she has snored and I have witnessed her having apnea. I am a light sleeper and this has thrown my schedule of whack for most of our marriage. 

Her mother also has the same kinds of problems and she gave us her old machine when she got a new one. My wife for some reason, refuses to have a sleep study done and I have begged her for years to no avail. I will admit, I know absolutely nothing when it comes to these things. I know what apnea is and I know what snoring is and that is only in the common knowledge type way.

My wife and us has always had this running type joke around the house because she can sleep anywhere at any time and she is always tired. I read through the forums some and tried to see what I should do with this machine but many things say start with auto and this machine does not have auto that I can see. I did set the machine back to factory settings last night and she wore the machine. I did get Oscar running and all setup.

I'm trying to post screen grabs and I hope it works.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve S and lost
We can help resolve the snoring and hypopnea. Understand your wife's machine is setup wrong for her condition. You need to go into settings by pressing the home button and control knob at the same time for 4 seconds. Enter the Settings menu by pressing the control knob. In settings make the following changes:
Mode: change from CPAP to VPAP
Set EPAP pressure to 6.0
Set IPAP pressure to 10.0
Under Comfort be sure that Easybreathe is ON
Set Essentials to PLUS
Humidity settings can be set for comfort. 4 is usually a good setting and can be increased or decreased as desired.

This will put her bilevel machine in a bilevel (VPAP) therapy mode and settings. The difference between the inhale pressure (IPAP) and exhale pressure (EPAP) is called Pressure Support (PS). Pressure support helps to assist inspiratory effort which will be comfortable and will resolve the very high flow limitations we see on her chart. This will also make breathing easier and significantly reduce hypopnea. We have increased the EPAP pressure to 6.0 to guard against obstructive apnea. It may take a while to get used to pressure support, but stick with it. If comfort is an issue, then pressures can be reduced as long as it does not increase obstructive apnea. So the pressure could be reduced to EPAP 5 and IPAP 9 if needed for comfort.

If you need help on the settings, you can request the clinician manual at the Setup Manuals link. Also see this brief tutorial https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 271 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.