Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise
Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise
I have been using my new Aircurve V10 about a week.  When the machine switches from inhale pressure to exhale I am hearing a click. It is possibly a valve or solenoid operating to make the pressure change.  I have only noticed the click within the last few nights.  To those of you who have the same machine, is it normal to have this clicking sound?  While not terribly intrusive it does bother me some.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise
It may be that the humidifier tank isn't seating properly, and the change in pressure is making the tank shift.. Try applying some pressure to the top of the tank, or pushing the tank in more tightly. My noise did go away eventually, perhaps the tank seals settled in better. Or maybe I just got used to it, and no longer notice it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine and generally don't hear much of anything. It can be somewhat louder when the humidifier is empty or close to empty but it's not a clicking sound. More of a hollow, air movement sound.

I would suspect that if it appears to be clicking when transitioning from EPAP to IPAP you may need to exchange it for a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to add -- there are no valves or solenoids in the machine. Pressure change is regulated by changing the speed of blower motor whose control is all solid state.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Some masks have a flapper / valve in them that makes a clicking noise when exhaling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using a P10 you don't have a valve in the mask. I don't have a click in the machine. I work on cars a bit and have a mechanics stethoscope. Inexpensive to buy or many ways to make your own. I think you can put on the mask and listen for the click with something like that and narrow down where the noise is coming from.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Silversnore,

I had the same problem with my Philips Respironics system 1 and I even posted about it a few months ago.  Turned out it was the humidifier chamber slipping with the inhale and exhale.  The seals weren't holding it in place and as it shifted, it would click.  It drove me insane.  (Short trip.)  Since my machine was under warranty, Respironics replaced it with a Dreamstation.  No idea if that's the same thing you're experiencing with your Resmed but I don't know what else it might me.  Make a stink like I did and you may get a replacement machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all that replied.  Nice to know that there are no mechanical valves, etc in the Aircurve.  I will check the humidifer tonight and see if that is the culprit.  It certainly makes sense that the tank could be making the noise.  I wonder how much the little box costs to make?  Wish my last name was Resmed!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep grab the chamber and pull up, then down, then left/right. Usually works for me. I also have the machine sitting on a wash cloth to stop the nightstand from acting as a soundboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 316 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 584 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,304 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 93 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.