Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve not scoring flow limitations, apneas?
Aircurve not scoring flow limitations, apneas?
I am baffled by what appears to be a lack of responsiveness in my Aircurve 10 to flow limitations and what look like apneas. If I look at the flow rate graph I see a lot of sections of jagged breathing, and expanding those shows some pretty severe flow limitations (I think) and what looks like apneas (lasting 10 seconds or more), but that don't register in either the flow limitation or event graph.
This is the overall graph for last night, plus three close-ups where no flow limitations or events register but there is clearly something going on:
[attachment=12149]
[attachment=12150]
[attachment=12153]

And this shows a period where the flow flattens out (at least it looks like it to me) but again no change in flow limitation graph:
[attachment=12152]

Is this normal? Should I address it in the settings somehow?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve not scoring flow limitations, apneas?
I see a quick and immediate appropriate response to Obstructive Apnea and a slower rise and fall to the Flow Limits. Central Apnea is causing no response as it should not. This machine is not designed to treat central apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 130 2 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 2 43 4 hours ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 39 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  What is that spike in Flow limit? urachan 7 452 03-16-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: urachan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.