Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirMini running nose
ResMed AirMini running nose
I switched from DreamStation to AirMini almost two weeks but I suffered running nose the next day. I tried to moist it with distill water before sleep but not much help. It is the weaknesses of AirMini?

Besides, it didn't come with international power supply plug. It is portable but it can't use in other country without an adapter. The power supply is quite heavy for the adapter.

I bought AirMini because I thought I can carry it to other country on vacation. But it gives me running nose and needs adapter. I don't know if I bought it wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirMini running nose
Personally I don't recommend any of the travel CPAP machines for regular duty. I don't think these travel machines are going to last as long as the regular units.

Unfortunately, your research didn't go deep enough on the availability or lack of power supply's. Unless the supplier you used allows a refund or exchange, you're probably stuck with this one.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2021, 08:51 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Personally I don't recommend any of the travel CPAP machines for regular duty. I don't think these travel machines are going to last as long as the regular units.

I saw an Airsense 11 review that indicated the pump on it is the same pump as in the AirMini. Which would suggest to me the AirMini is every bit as capable with equivalent longevity as a "regular" machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
GreenScrew - Could you provide the link to this review? The only thing I'm aware of is a member found that the AS11 uses the same power supply plug as the AirMini.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
'CPAP Reviews' has a Youtube review showing the AirMini turbine in the S11: 'ResMed AirSense 11 - Honest Review'  

Will send you a link via PM as am not able to do so here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  Since they both use the same power supply, it would make some sense.  I wonder how they address the humidifier heating plate and the ClimateLine current requirements?  

I have provided the video's link here:

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,268 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 151 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 151 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,976 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.