Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve10 VAuto Settings
RE: Aircurve10 VAuto Settings
Default should be OK unless otherwise directed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
                Here is the info from Feb to compare.

Can you please tell me what the default settings are?  I want to make sure I never messed them up! Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
considering your clear airway events, you can try setting trigger to high, then very high if necessary. vauto isn't designed to treat ca but higher trigger settings seem to help a bit.

considering your flow limitations, (which aren't bad but do show up in the 95%tile column,) you could incrementally raise min pressure support. note that could result in more clear airway events & aerophagia.

did you have central or clear apnea events during your sleep test? how long have you used cpap, apap or bilevel? answers may help determine if your ca is native or pressure induced / treatment emergent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I don't recall the defaults for the VAuto Ti Min/Max and trigger. Never used it. I'll have to defer to others that have that info. How's the comfort level? I did see you had that aerophagia & etc. issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was told when I got my VAuto that these settings are defaults:

Ti Max  2.0 s.
Ti Min   0.3 s.
Trigger  Med
Cycle     Med
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m really clueless on all of this. I started cpap last  March and I couldn’t tolerate it so they switched me to the bilevel. I really can’t remember my diagnosis so I’ll get that from my doc. If all you think I have some more serious issues going on I can make a doctors appointment. I ordered a neck collar, not sure if that will make a difference. What  are you looking at to see that I have shallow breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Minute vent. is one possible, it's the one with a teal trace line. At least that one shows that could be considered a bit low.
Post Reply Post Reply
sleeprider referred above to your tidal volume at 280 ml which is low for most but not too far from the 300 to 400ml that would be closer to the ideal for your gender & height. imo, ca is the main problem I see in your chart. your pressure is low so unless you're super sensitive the ca is probably not pressure induced. that may be better determined by finding out if you had central apnea in your sleep test without cpap. your low min pressure support doesn't really fit with need for bilevel either so maybe they felt your other issues called for it. best ask them about that. if you had ca before cpap (in your sleep test) you might need an asv (adaptive servo ventilator). get a full copy of your sleep test results, not just the summary. I had to ask 3 times before getting mine. many summaries I've seen ignore most everything except obstructive apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your mean values for tidal volume and minute ventilation are somewhat low for an average person, but you are 5’2” and weigh 115, and the desirable values for an individual do depend on the size of the body's frame. When Sleeprider swings by next, he can tell you what he thinks.

Tidal volume is a measure of how much air you breathe in and out in a single breath, and minute ventilation is a measure of how much air you move in and out during one minute -- so MV also depends on your respiration rate, or how many breaths you take inn one minute.

I would suggest you check to see whether you have the default settings I listed above, and then leave your settings as they are. It's very good that you're finding these more comfortable, and with less aerophagia, so let it all settle in for a week at least, maybe longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great Advice Everyone!!! Thank you Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 719 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.