Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New APAP user, help with numbers and settings
RE: New APAP user, help with numbers and settings
The 90% appears to be an artifact. You probably bumped the probe. I tend to look at the more constant values being reported. The foray around 1:20 would lead me to think you had an arousal. This could be holding your breath as you turned over, or you got up.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It can take up to a few months to feel totally better. If you are feeling better you are doing well.. Like SB asked "how do you feel?" Did you turn down the EPR to 1? Can we get a OSCAR shot after that setting change.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2021, 02:44 PM)factor Wrote: It can take up to a few months to feel totally better.  If you are feeling better you are doing well..  Like SB asked "how do you feel?"  Did you turn down the EPR to 1?  Can we get a OSCAR shot after that setting change.

I feel less sleepy, but more tired, which seems to be normal when first starting CPAP. I've attached the last 3 nights with EPR setting of 1.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you go to a Sleep lab or was it a home test?  If you have a copy of the report if you could post a redacted copy it would be great.

I might turn EPR off for a few days and see if the centrals go away.

Also as a safety measure you can lower your Max pressure to 13 You never seem to go above 11.

You seem to be headed in the correct direction.

BTW 
Welcome
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2021, 03:11 PM)factor Wrote: Did you go to a Sleep lab or was it a home test?  If you have a copy of the report if you could post a redacted copy it would be great.

I might turn EPR off for a few days and see if the centrals go away.

Also as a safety measure you can lower your Max pressure to 13 You never seem to go above 11.

You seem to be headed in the correct direction.

BTW 
Welcome

I got both, the Sleep Lab through my primary care doesn't score for RERA/RDI and AHI shows <5 so they didn't signify it as OSA. I got a Home Sleep Test through Lofta where they mentioned a few numbers:

pRDI = 8.3
AHI = 2.2
O2 nadir minimum = 84%
O2 average = 96%
O2 maximum = 99%

I've attached the charts they gave me.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 332 4 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 190 Yesterday, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 123 Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep arturg 2 117 04-14-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,212 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 140 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 122 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.