Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Coconut Oil Remedy
RE: Coconut Oil Remedy
Hello Louis R
I hate my CPAP and my apnea is very minimal but my oxygen level went down to 81% during my 1st sleep test. They think the cpap is the answer. I have been using coconut oil for a few years now. My Doc (nutritional PhD) has me on 2Tbl / day but sometimes I only have 1, but I guess I should have that other one before bed. I also use it for oil pulling. I have also been diagnosed with epilepsy and the meds I'm on (I think) make me sleepy. One medication I have seen could also cause oxygen desaturation. My Doc (nutritional PhD) recommended I use hydrogen peroxide in a cool mist vaporizer at night but my husband hates any noise including the cpap. I haven't seen any vaporizers that claim to be silent. I use to have HBP too but that is gone - I think more from Vit D. Natural methods are better...thanks for sharing.
Exhale
PS Swanson has a great EVCO and not expensive.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away.
"
Hillary Cooper
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Coconut Oil Remedy
(07-24-2015, 01:08 PM)Exhale Wrote: Hello Louis R
I hate my CPAP and my apnea is very minimal but my oxygen level went down to 81% during my 1st sleep test. They think the cpap is the answer. I have been using coconut oil for a few years now. My Doc (nutritional PhD) has me on 2Tbl / day but sometimes I only have 1, but I guess I should have that other one before bed. I also use it for oil pulling. I have also been diagnosed with epilepsy and the meds I'm on (I think) make me sleepy. One medication I have seen could also cause oxygen desaturation. My Doc (nutritional PhD) recommended I use hydrogen peroxide in a cool mist vaporizer at night but my husband hates any noise including the cpap. I haven't seen any vaporizers that claim to be silent. I use to have HBP too but that is gone - I think more from Vit D. Natural methods are better...thanks for sharing.
Exhale
PS Swanson has a great EVCO and not expensive.
Hi Exhale,
Your issues seem to be quite different from mine, but as for VCO and what benefits it has... I firmly believe that it is a natural medicine for some people. Interesting that you had it prescribed to you by a nutritional PhD. Believe me I'm not one to fall for crazy potions or trendy new sales pitches. Last year I purchased a bottle of Raspberry Ketone pills and found that it does absolutely nothing (too me). But VCO did produce a profound improvement to my OSA symptoms but only for about a month... if you read the posts here you can see what I mean.
However, the oil does not clear the obstruction in our airways when we sleep so I'm now a CPAP user (again) for one day. I'm still taking the VCO (1 TBS) mostly before sleeping... it seems to work sort of like a sleeping pill for me. And as for the CPAP machine... I really hope that it works for me cause I have a lot to accomplish in my 60's, and 70's and hopefully passed that.
Thank you for your post.
LOUIS
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Remedy for red marks from mask? kderevan 15 2,174 12-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Dream wear mask vs remedy p10 mask Novello1234 4 2,019 06-17-2017, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Coconut Oil for Nasal Dryness? rx77310 10 7,613 08-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Last Post: me50
  Update from the coconut oil guy Louis R. 13 5,701 07-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Last Post: TyroneShoes
  Remedy for mouth dropping open? Jim Bronson 16 6,946 01-13-2015, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Timotheus
  Coconut oil in mask wipes Itsadryheat 14 7,976 02-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Last Post: JWR

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.