Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit F20 Frame... on the verge of failure?
RE: Airfit F20 Frame... on the verge of failure?
(09-25-2021, 10:17 AM)Homerec130 Wrote: Can we visit and sign it? Looks like you did a real good job of forming the epoxy. The problem I have with my F20 is I tend to break the magnetic clips. Every time we swap out head gear, I save the clips. (I have a tendency to save a lot of that type of stuff being a native New Englander). I found them on the mother ship as well as several places on the supplier's list but shipping was more than the part,

Hand (finger) kneading the putty left a lot of white residue on my fingers. Based on past experience, I put the ball of putty down then washed and scrubbed my hands thoroughly before handling the mask, otherwise I would have left white fingerprints all over the clear plastic of the frame permanently. Since I was pressing down the epoxy pretty thinly, I had to keep wetting my fingers to prevent the epoxy layer from sticking to them.

Regarding the mag clips, how did you break them? They seem pretty robust to me. Although now, I'm glad I have a spare set from the other headgear.

(09-25-2021, 02:55 PM)timpani Wrote: I've tried washing why F20 frame. First I learned the hard way to pull the fabric sleeves off the top braces--it will not dry out and gets a musty smell. I have been replacing them, but the cost is getting much higher lately. So I'll probably be in the same boat soon. I use the AirFit foam for comfort and I don't know what continual washing will do to it, so I can maybe just replace the mask and try to keep everything else. My pressure can run up to the max on my range (18) and I end up strapping it down tighter to try to stop the mask farts. When I used the original silicone mask, the inner edge of the silicone would irritate my nose. Like @legrunt, the F20 is the only one I've tried that gives me reasonable success.

I reckon you could keep using the foam with washing for a pretty long time. Just be careful not to rip it.
Post Reply Post Reply
My clip broke at the top where it is very thin--where the velcro strap goes through. They say not to wash the F20 AirTouch mask but I've seen a few posts where people do wash them carefully. I have kept on old one to experiment on--it it leaks, it goes, if it doesn't I'll continue to use it. The longest I've ever used a new one is 5 to 6 weeks, cleaning daily with a wipe of some kind.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use an F30, but I wipe my headgear down with babywipes.  Seems to work good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2021, 08:18 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: My clip broke at the top where it is very thin--where the velcro strap goes through.  They say not to wash the F20 AirTouch mask but I've seen a few posts where people do wash them carefully.  I have kept on old one to experiment on--it it leaks, it goes, if it doesn't I'll continue to use it.  The longest I've ever used a new one is 5 to 6 weeks, cleaning daily with a wipe of some kind.

I've been using the one you see in the picture for over 6 months now...  I wipe it down daily with some dettol multipurpose disinfecting wipes (Lavender scented), and I have washed it quite vigorously about 3-4 times in that time. (putting soap foam over it, squeezing it to make sure the soap penetrates into the foam, then rinsing while squishing it to wash out all the soap) 

I only squeeze, never twist, or wring.  Just ensure the foam will not tear.  It will be good...
Post Reply Post Reply
The clips break on the thin strip where the strap goes through and folds over. Mine is under a little more stress as I prefer a tight mask. Guess it comes from years of wearing on oxygen mask when flying. I usually wash the frame, and sometimes the webbing (during the summer). I let mine go until it needs to be replaced, even though I get replacements on schedule. So I have a lot of spare parts. My wife and I have similar machines - both Air 10 series - so parts are interchangeable. We both use the same masks as well.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,181 2 hours ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,574 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.