Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit F20 cushion hurts nose, unable to wear
Airfit F20 cushion hurts nose, unable to wear
Had issues w the amara view so I ordered the airfit f20 online. (medium, measured w gauge).

For some reason, I'm totally unable to have that thing on my nose. The silicon upper V (near the top of the nose) kind of "cuts" into my nose.

I don't get it, I am totally unable to wear that mask, it's an absolute fail....

Any ideas?

I was considering ordering an airtouch cushion and trying it on the mask....

Wanted to save some money vs buying local, but in the end if I end up wasting masks, it's more expensive...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit F20 cushion hurts nose, unable to wear
I had the same problem. My solution was to raise the mask by reducing the length of the upper strap by using zip ties. This raised the mask higher on my nose. I believe that others have had the same problem and some have cut the upper strap and have installed velcro to make it adjustable. Since I have done this it was vastly improved with very good results. I am currently using the same mask but with memory foam.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I do know what you mean, If you look at the mask, there are two more ridged bits of silicon, either side of the nose. You could give it a week, the silicon will soften. My issue was that it felt too narrow the first week.
Do you have the straps fairly loose and can get two fingers between the hard part and the top of your nose? try loosening till it leaks bad and then just tightening till it just seals
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the F20 and it is theonly full fac mask that doesn't hurt the bridge of my nose. I think Ajack hasit right. Loosening the upper strapd should help.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You may have the 'standard' length of headgear and possibly need a large.  Or as others have suggested, cut the top part and put in a longer length, this will keep the mask from being pulled upwards.

There is a gel pad that is sold to help solve this problem, I have had mixed results with it as it tends to cause a bit, sometimes too much, leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
or I might just keep the amara view....
Post Reply Post Reply
No mask fits everyone, it's a matter of finding one that suits your face.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience with that mask was that it ran shorter than others and therefore didn’t sit as high on the bridge of the nose. I switched to the F10 for that very reason. The F10 also has less of a ridge.

I did use a piece of paper tape on the bridge of my nose when I used the F20. That really helped.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that the combination of loosening the upper strap and adding a Padacheek anti-leak strap worked well for me.
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a piece of surgical tape on the bridge of my nose.  This seems to help a lot.  Before using that, I had a large red spot across the bridge of my nose every morning.  Also, there seems to be a big difference in the way the same size  Airfit cushions fit.  Some have a rather sharp edge, whereas, others have a more comfortable smooth edge.  I hate to say it, but I have a favorite cushion that I have been using for about 9 months.  I wash it regularly and treat it with tender love and care.  Somehow,  it is just more comfortable that the new cushions.  Think it is the smoother edge that doesn't dig into my face when under pressure.  I have also tried using the Airtouch, but have a greater leak problem than the Airfit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,737 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,457 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 156 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 111 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,785 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 141 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 18 657 03-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rltarbu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.