Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit F20 cushion hurts nose, unable to wear
RE: Airfit F20 cushion hurts nose, unable to wear
I forgot to mention. The Resmed gauge for getting the right size for this mask doesn't really correspond to the mask. E.g. the gauge shows I need a small. When the real mask came, it was definitely too small (the bottom was practically in my mouth).
Post Reply Post Reply
oh wow, the airfit is hell and the airtouch is hell.

Guess that I'll have to keep my amara view.
I just hate that it kind of hurts under my nose. I often remove it during the night, and sometimes skip days.
Nasal mask was the best, with no pain, but the noise was horrible to my partner due to mouth opening, and the jaw strap is horrible for TMJ pain.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hojo - you mentioned a silicone pad.  Can you tell me the name and who has it?  I have the same problem!  Thanks!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed sells a gel pad, called the Gecko
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, dmeRT, I just ordered one.  Maybe it will help, maybe not, but I've got to try.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the same problem. They measured me at the DME and said I needed a large. I wore the mask for 4 nights and it hurt my nose bridge and I had leaks from the bottom edges. I remeasured and sometimes it show inbetween and another time it should medium. I went and got a medium and it fit much better and didn't hurt my nose last night. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark - did you get a medium silicone or foam?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the silicone. I’m interested in trying the foam at some point.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find occasional pinching. What I do is (with the mask under pressure) lift up the cushion, move it above my nose, lower it to my face and slide it down. No problems with pinching or leaks then.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,738 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,458 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 156 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 111 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,786 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 141 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 18 658 03-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rltarbu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.