Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWisp vs N/P30i or DreamWear
DreamWisp vs N/P30i or DreamWear
I'm always on the lookout for a new thing and stumbled across the DreamWisp while searching the web. I currently have the P30i and also have the nasal cushions for it which I use occasionally when the inside of my nose gets a little sore. It's a great mask but if I had one complaint it's that it leaks a little too easily as I've seen in my OSCAR graphs. The strap that goes around the back of the head is not as good as the Dreamwear.

Has anyone here used both the DreamWisp and either the P/N30i or the DreamWear and make a comparison between the two. I suspect that the Dreamwisp straps will prove far better but are there any downsides in comparison to either of the other two masks?

I'm also interested to see whether fully enclosing my nose will change tidal volume and tidal flow.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamWisp vs N/P30i or DreamWear
Main reason to try out DreamWisp is if you want to try out a nasal mask that has hose connected up top. That was the pull for me because I prefer nasal masks over pillows/cushions like P10 and N30 because they seem to push air too aggressively for set pressure.

What I find with over over the head hose frame design is that, the air flow isn't as strong as front connected designs.

The difference with DreamWisp over P or N30i and DreamWear is the straps that is necessary to keep the nasal mask cushion stable from top and bottom.

Other than that, it is the best performing mask for me. lowest leaks for nasal mask, and the most comfortable air flow that provides the best quality sleep I've ever had with any mask I've tried so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't find a picture that shows the inside of the mask. How does it 'connect' with the nostrils, that is is it a cushion or does it use 'prongs'?
Post Reply Post Reply
The P30i and P30i have small “lips” that go into the nose with border “collar” that if it’s under the nose that seals it. 

The n30 and n30i fit like a cradle around the nose with nothing going into the nose. 

With either I suggest using the dreamwear headgear with wings - it is the only headgear I have found that stops the headgear from slipping off during sleep. You can buy it from Amazon.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 101 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 322 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 304 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 354 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 860 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 410 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 537 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.