Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit N10 leaks into eyes
Airfit N10 leaks into eyes
I had my second night with my cpap last night and I am so tired. I have an Airfit N10 for her nasal mask. I think I have the right size (small). But when I go to turn on my side, the mask leaks on the opposite side into that eye. So I spent all last night fighting with the mask, waking up every time the air hit my eye. The machine says the mask didn't leak so it's just a little bit. Is this something people just get used to? I called my supplier and she didn't say much, just that if I want to try another mask I can. I don't know where I would go from here because I did not like the nose pillows at my titration study.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit N10 leaks into eyes
If you don't overcome the leaks, be sure to make a decision within the mask exchange period, usually 30 days. My experience with nasal pillows is just the opposite. Anyway, there are mask liners that can improve the seal. Be sure to read and follow the fitting instructions: http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, mask liners do not improve the seal but they do tend to make the leakage more diffuse so you do not feel it or at least it is not as bothersome.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I was not able to tolerate nose pillows at my titration study. The DME said they didn't have mask liners in stock but that they cost about a dollar a day. I would pay that though if it made this thing work. I had to talk myself down off the ledge this morning; I truly understand why some people quit cpap. I can't find mask liners for this particular model on the web. I'll keep digging. Thanks for the replies!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 12:18 PM)fractalice Wrote: I was not able to tolerate nose pillows at my titration study. The DME said they didn't have mask liners in stock but that they cost about a dollar a day. I would pay that though if it made this thing work. I had to talk myself down off the ledge this morning; I truly understand why some people quit cpap. I can't find mask liners for this particular model on the web. I'll keep digging. Thanks for the replies!

Supplier #1 carries RemZzzs CPAP Nasal CPAP Mask Liners. Most people that use them have said they get more than one day out of them. Just an example, not an endorsement. For your mask, AirFit N10 For Her Small, use liner size, Small B
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. What is "Supplier #1"?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fractalice,
You might try the Respironics Wisp nasal mask and see if that helps; I had trouble with the N10 leaking into my eyes as well. In my case, I needed a petite cushion, and Resmed's smallest cushion for the N10 was too big and caused the seal not to be good for me, thus causing leaks that I just couldn't fix.
Good luck to you and don't give up. Just keep trying masks 'til you find one that will work for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Trish, thanks! My DME offered me a Wisp with a smaller cushion. I wasn't sure about that but you've motivated me to give it a try. I'll miss the magnets on the N10....I tried on a wisp (not sure what size cushion) and could barely fight my way into it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 12:43 PM)fractalice Wrote: Thanks for the info. What is "Supplier #1"?

Look at top of this page, to find suppliers. They are listed by number, and are not listed by name in forum topics.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 03:16 PM)saltydawg2 Wrote:
(02-12-2015, 12:43 PM)fractalice Wrote: Thanks for the info. What is "Supplier #1"?

Look at top of this page, to find suppliers. They are listed by number, and are not listed by name in forum topics.

Yep... it's called the Supplier List - the link is at the top as Salty says... if you need the direct link, it's here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 51 9 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,464 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 122 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 133 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,787 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 87 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 4 194 03-09-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.