Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Wifi card - always on
SD Wifi card - always on
I was sure I would need to leave my S10 "ON" when downloading data from the WiFi SD card I have recently installed. It turns out that what I thought was OFF is really ON at least as far as the WiFi card goes. To my way of thinking off is when I press the on/off button for about four seconds and all lights go off and Smart Start is disabled. Apparently, some functions are off or disabled but others on. Perhaps its like a TV set that listens for a command from the remote even though the TV is otherwise off. Anyway, it's a welcome feature but makes me think I should unplug my machine and not just leave it off to protect it from our questionable electrical system when not in use.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD Wifi card - always on
My machine is plugged into a surge protector, and is on most of the time. The machine is only off if you pull the plug from the wall. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your electric service is that much of a questionable concern to you, perhaps you may want to un-plug the device from the wall outlet. That way you are assured that no erratic electric fluctuations are received, and you will have some "peace of mind". I leave mine on 24/7/365, live in Florida where summer thunderstorms cause an occasional outage and have never had a problem. The surge protector that it is plugged into, gives me that "peace of mind", however I doubt that it is necessary as most electric companies have installed their own protection along their lines. If you were to get a direct lightning hit, then everything is going to get fried anyway, even if you had a string of surge protectors hooked up.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2016, 09:30 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: If your electric service is that much of a questionable concern to you, perhaps you may want to un-plug the device from the wall outlet.

Thanks! Yep, I've started to unplug. My electric service from the provider actually seems fine but when my older dryer or microwave are in use I can see that my lights may dim briefly or my UPS alerts me to a power fluctuation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like your service entry may be undersized, or the circuits over-loaded. Momentary dimming with large appliance demands is more of an inconvenience than a danger. It is the same as having pipes too small in your plumbing, or low pressure...your shower gets weak when someone flushes. You can fix the problem, but it's a bit expensive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-04-2016, 09:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sounds like your service entry may be undersized, or the circuits over-loaded. Momentary dimming with large appliance demands is more of an inconvenience than a danger. It is the same as having pipes too small in your plumbing, or low pressure...your shower gets weak when someone flushes. You can fix the problem, but it's a bit expensive.

Much appreciated. I had hoped that was the case.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone using a wifi dongle with Transcend 3? nathanoj 0 346 06-13-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: nathanoj
  DS2 wifi? KSMike 2 532 03-04-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  Resmed Airsense 11 autoset machine SD card and WIFI Tekno1 15 3,191 01-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Tekno1
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 911 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  WiFi Enabled SD Memory Card Nightynite 8 2,412 01-11-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,808 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  resmed airsense 10 wifi kerm007 34 15,999 03-17-2018, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.