Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: Airsense
CPAP Pressure: 9 -15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Airfit N10 leaks into eyes
(02-12-2015 10:51 AM)fractalice Wrote:  I had my second night with my cpap last night and I am so tired. I have an Airfit N10 for her nasal mask. I think I have the right size (small). But when I go to turn on my side, the mask leaks on the opposite side into that eye. So I spent all last night fighting with the mask, waking up every time the air hit my eye. The machine says the mask didn't leak so it's just a little bit. Is this something people just get used to? I called my supplier and she didn't say much, just that if I want to try another mask I can. I don't know where I would go from here because I did not like the nose pillows at my titration study.

I know what you mean, that N10 mask didn't work well for me either ( I liked the fit and feel of it, just couldn't stand all the leaking).
Now everybody will tell you what works well for one may not work well for another....But the Best mask I've found so far for a Nasal mask is the Fisher & Paykel Eson mask that's nose spelled backwards.
It was night and day difference.
Try it you may like it.
Good Luck and....
Sleep-well
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 04:31 PM by Mr. Van Winkle.)
02-12-2015 04:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

(02-12-2015 12:43 PM)fractalice Wrote:  Thanks for the info. What is "Supplier #1"?

Select Supplier #1 from this list http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List

and search for "nasal liners" then select REMZZZ Liners. I would give you a link, but it's against the rules here. Sorry.

02-12-2015 05:18 PM
fractalice Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset for Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit N10 for Her
Humidifier: Built in
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Started cpap 2/10/15

Sex: Female

Thanks, all, I understand Supplier #1 now. :-) Mr. Van Winkle, that's interesting, because I tried that Eson mask during my titration study and didn't like it because it pressed very hard under my nose. I understand now that the headgear probably wasn't adjusted properly. I will add that to the list to try if I end up back at the DME. I am going to give the N10 one more chance. I think part of the problem with it was my fault. The woman at the DME told me to get a water-based lubricant like KY jelly to put on my skin under the mask. I put a bunch of that on my face, and I think that actually made things a lot worse and contributed to the leaking. I'm going to put the mask on my dry skin tonight. I appreciate the help here!
02-12-2015 05:18 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mr. Van Winkle Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: Airsense
CPAP Pressure: 9 -15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

(02-12-2015 05:18 PM)fractalice Wrote:  Thanks, all, I understand Supplier #1 now. :-) Mr. Van Winkle, that's interesting, because I tried that Eson mask during my titration study and didn't like it because it pressed very hard under my nose. I understand now that the headgear probably wasn't adjusted properly. I will add that to the list to try if I end up back at the DME. I am going to give the N10 one more chance. I think part of the problem with it was my fault. The woman at the DME told me to get a water-based lubricant like KY jelly to put on my skin under the mask. I put a bunch of that on my face, and I think that actually made things a lot worse and contributed to the leaking. I'm going to put the mask on my dry skin tonight. I appreciate the help here!
Yes, It's all about the fit, The N10 made my nose sore underneath between the nostrils.
The key is to get that mask to float on your face evenly and just tight enough to not leak but not too tight to create sore spots.
I never try KY on my nose thoughBig Grin
Sleep-well
02-12-2015 05:27 PM
Jim Bronson Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Elite
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 9.2
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I'm going back to my Mirage FX. The DME sent me a Wisp for a trial, even though I didn't request it. The medium was too narrow for me due to my deviated septum, so I had to use size XL. Unfortunately it was so big that it was close to my eyes and often leaked into the corner of my eyes, and I was unable to get it to fit so that it wouldn't leak. Otherwise it looks like a nice mask.
02-22-2015 10:16 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Dagmar Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Wisp by Respironics
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

(02-12-2015 12:58 PM)fractalice Wrote:  Trish, thanks! My DME offered me a Wisp with a smaller cushion. I wasn't sure about that but you've motivated me to give it a try. I'll miss the magnets on the N10....I tried on a wisp (not sure what size cushion) and could barely fight my way into it.

I use a Wisp and just slip it on / off without undoing the clips - it does not have to be tight to work (at least for me) so I wonder if you had the Wisp adjusted too tightly? My DME told me that many people are able to take the mask on and off without undoing the clips...
01-04-2016 09:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Airfit F20 car54 5 146 Today 06:33 AM
Last Post: 49er
  New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks gjw 24 2,816 12-04-2016 12:19 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Question for Airfit F10 Users PaytonA 2 190 12-03-2016 05:29 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  airfit P10 sore nose duece12345 12 668 12-03-2016 09:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirFit P10 Headgear Clips gjw 22 746 11-19-2016 12:11 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Is it worth dropping pressure to get over leaks rich2905 19 1,274 11-16-2016 02:38 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
Question CA's, Mask type, and leaks/vent Rcgop 10 370 11-15-2016 03:02 PM
Last Post: robysue