Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit N10 leaks into eyes
RE: Airfit N10 leaks into eyes
(02-12-2015, 10:51 AM)fractalice Wrote: I had my second night with my cpap last night and I am so tired. I have an Airfit N10 for her nasal mask. I think I have the right size (small). But when I go to turn on my side, the mask leaks on the opposite side into that eye. So I spent all last night fighting with the mask, waking up every time the air hit my eye. The machine says the mask didn't leak so it's just a little bit. Is this something people just get used to? I called my supplier and she didn't say much, just that if I want to try another mask I can. I don't know where I would go from here because I did not like the nose pillows at my titration study.

I know what you mean, that N10 mask didn't work well for me either ( I liked the fit and feel of it, just couldn't stand all the leaking).
Now everybody will tell you what works well for one may not work well for another....But the Best mask I've found so far for a Nasal mask is the Fisher & Paykel Eson mask that's nose spelled backwards.
It was night and day difference.
Try it you may like it.
Good Luck and....
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 12:43 PM)fractalice Wrote: Thanks for the info. What is "Supplier #1"?

Select Supplier #1 from this list http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

and search for "nasal liners" then select REMZZZ Liners. I would give you a link, but it's against the rules here. Sorry.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all, I understand Supplier #1 now. :-) Mr. Van Winkle, that's interesting, because I tried that Eson mask during my titration study and didn't like it because it pressed very hard under my nose. I understand now that the headgear probably wasn't adjusted properly. I will add that to the list to try if I end up back at the DME. I am going to give the N10 one more chance. I think part of the problem with it was my fault. The woman at the DME told me to get a water-based lubricant like KY jelly to put on my skin under the mask. I put a bunch of that on my face, and I think that actually made things a lot worse and contributed to the leaking. I'm going to put the mask on my dry skin tonight. I appreciate the help here!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 05:18 PM)fractalice Wrote: Thanks, all, I understand Supplier #1 now. :-) Mr. Van Winkle, that's interesting, because I tried that Eson mask during my titration study and didn't like it because it pressed very hard under my nose. I understand now that the headgear probably wasn't adjusted properly. I will add that to the list to try if I end up back at the DME. I am going to give the N10 one more chance. I think part of the problem with it was my fault. The woman at the DME told me to get a water-based lubricant like KY jelly to put on my skin under the mask. I put a bunch of that on my face, and I think that actually made things a lot worse and contributed to the leaking. I'm going to put the mask on my dry skin tonight. I appreciate the help here!
Yes, It's all about the fit, The N10 made my nose sore underneath between the nostrils.
The key is to get that mask to float on your face evenly and just tight enough to not leak but not too tight to create sore spots.
I never try KY on my nose thoughBig Grin
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going back to my Mirage FX. The DME sent me a Wisp for a trial, even though I didn't request it. The medium was too narrow for me due to my deviated septum, so I had to use size XL. Unfortunately it was so big that it was close to my eyes and often leaked into the corner of my eyes, and I was unable to get it to fit so that it wouldn't leak. Otherwise it looks like a nice mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 12:58 PM)fractalice Wrote: Trish, thanks! My DME offered me a Wisp with a smaller cushion. I wasn't sure about that but you've motivated me to give it a try. I'll miss the magnets on the N10....I tried on a wisp (not sure what size cushion) and could barely fight my way into it.

I use a Wisp and just slip it on / off without undoing the clips - it does not have to be tight to work (at least for me) so I wonder if you had the Wisp adjusted too tightly? My DME told me that many people are able to take the mask on and off without undoing the clips...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 0 25 2 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,452 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 121 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 131 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,780 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 85 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 4 192 03-09-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.