Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit N30i vs Dreamwear nasal - weird situation with N30i
Airfit N30i vs Dreamwear nasal - weird situation with N30i
Few days ago I started using N30i as I supposed it may better fit my nose.
N30i enclose nose on both sides and prevents leaks really well, which after first night looked really good comparing to dreamwear.
However… During first night I woke up because I couldn’t breathe out fully. Airsense behaved like I had apnea, delivering air with “pulses”
Today I had a bigger problem. Couldn’t breath at all so I woke up. One reason could be physical, since mask silicon is up to sides of my nose, as a side sleeper I push my face into pillow which makes silicon push and close one of my nostrils.
Second reason could be too low pressure?
Did anyone have similar problem after changing from dreamwear to Airfit? Did you have to adjust pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit N30i vs Dreamwear nasal - weird situation with N30i
Which nose piece do you have for your N30i? If I remember right the new one is very flexible. The old one is firm and unbending. Lie on your side the old one would be a chore to wear.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit N30i vs Dreamwear nasal - weird situation with N30i
I went from DreamWear Nasal to N30i, too.  Not sure that I'm 100% OK with it--I tend to alternate between the S and the SW nasal cushion, and what I've observed is that, if you don't get the two holes directly lined up with your nostrils, one or the other seem to be blocked.  Never had this issue with the DreamWear Nasal Mask (I tried using that mask with the ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet, and no matter what settings I changed, it made like a squealing or whistling sound, so have to use the ResMed mask).

I just ordered a replacement nose cushion, so...hoping that the replacement works better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 12 398 7 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,517 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 93 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,536 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,473 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,900 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,261 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.