Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 Cushion Deal
RE: Airfit P10 Cushion Deal
Frank, I understand your point on insurance and fraud, and I don't disagree with you. Smile

But I am equally concerned about the sanitary aspect of anyone opening a sealed mask package and selling parts separately.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2016, 12:12 AM)PaytonA Wrote: I was not criticizing your post of the good price but trying to let everyone know how it probably came about. Everyone can make up their own minds from there.

The masks are sold to the DME with the small, medium, and large pillows in the package. Some of the DMEs repackage the mask with only one size pillows when they sell the mask. My suspicion is that the larges and smalls that are on sale are a result of this repackaging. Yes they can sell them at a good price because it is almost pure profit.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Thanks, and I do get that. I've been poking around more online for the very reason that I think my supplier (ahom) is bilking my insurance and me with their pricing structure. Their "preferred" status "reduces" pricing to just about twice what this other "gamer of the system" has on the pillows (or even a few bucks higher than other online sources), and that's what led to my question on who the bigger gamer might be. I really don't know, would depend on the total profit earned by each approach, I suppose. Either way, to me, when you're gonna get screwed, may as well pay as little as you can for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
What's the fuss? You can buy a complete packaged mask with 3 different size pillows, so you can get the right size. Once you have settled that question, you can pay less and get only the right size, and extras. On another forum, there is a thread that has been around about as long as I have been using CPAP, for members to trade mask parts to get the right size. What a nuisance! Here the vendor solves a problem, saves you money, and it's complaint worthy?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2016, 08:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Here the vendor solves a problem, saves you money, and it's complaint worthy?

The problem to me is that it doesn't save US money in the long run if in fact it is fraud, ie. they are being paid twice for the pillows. Any individual getting a deal is not a big deal, millions of people scaling the system ends up costing us all. In the US we approve of "getting a deal". One of the best ways a Con can get someone to buy something is to convince them it is "stolen" and so, they are getting a great deal - sadly while we talk about honesty and integrity, that is not what we live. From stealing pencils from our employer to buying from shady outfits. It all cost everyone in the end.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Geez people the man was only posting a deal he saw that he thought would be of benefit to some and some of you have turned it into an ugly circus.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2016, 11:21 AM)TonyJ Wrote: Geez people the man was only posting a deal he saw that he thought would be of benefit to some and some of you have turned it into an ugly circus.

You are right, I was wrong, there is not reason not to take advantage of shady deals, nothing is ever going to change anyway, might as well take what I can get.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: red%20card.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, Resmed provides custom packaging options as well. I have mask with a single cushion, clearly sealed by Resmed (says right on the package ONE cushion!) from Lincare warehouse. I have also received individually packaged and sealed Resmed cushions in Resmed packaging (one cushion listed) from the mentioned retailer at the last sale.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered six large Nuance pillows from an online supplier for a very good price early this year. They came individually sealed in plastic with the Respironics logo on all of the packages. The individual packages were in a Ziploc bag. That option is no longer available so who knows what was going on there.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,451 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,780 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 141 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 16 727 03-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 455 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 266 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.