Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not all AirFit P10 masks are created equal
Not all AirFit P10 masks are created equal
I just got my second P10 pillow frame several days ago and was shocked with the change in my leak statistics. For the first 4 months of therapy, the median leak was from 2.8 to 4.6. The last month it rarely got below 4.6. I thought this slow rise was because of my sleeping better, thus mouth leaking more and the vents wearing out and needing replacement.

10 days ago I got a new one and the median went to zero (0) each and every single day. The original frame never registered a zero ever and now all of the sudden, every day is a zero.

Don't get me wrong, I am still chasing leaks when I am fast asleep or tossing and turning. The 90% leak rate also appears to come down but without a long daily data gathering project, I cannot quantify the numbers. The .cvs file does not contain leak statistics.

I do not think this has much effect on my therapy, but it was a real eye opener. Any else find differences in "identical" masks?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 1 51 7 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 186 Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jake79
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,734 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,651 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,648 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 517 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,506 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.