Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 - Leaking terribly last night
RE: Airfit P10 - Leaking terribly last night
(09-21-2015, 09:23 PM)kdmorris410 Wrote:
(09-21-2015, 07:20 PM)parkerdt Wrote: My insurance provides 2 replacement cushions per month. That is also what my Dr. wrote the prescription for. And he quizzed me at my follow-up on whether I was replacing my cushions on the recommended basis.

Interesting thread here, because I wore my Nuance last night. Leaked like crazy no matter what, and I finally went back to the Wisp. I wonder if a full moon or something like it was affecting nasal pillow masks last night! Or, maybe, time to change my Nuance cushions. Smile

Dave

LOL... I had the Wisp before, but it gave me a terrible rash. My dermatologist said it's just sensitive skin, but it was really bad. He's never heard of anyone being allergic to silicone (and it didn't give me a rash the first two months)... might just be summer, but I actually like the nasal pillows better.

Occasionally, I wake up with what I have described as windburn after a night with the Wisp. Whole nose is red and sore. Don't know why. Got some prescription cream from my dermatologist, and that, and a night with the Nuance usually fixes the problem. This whole phenomenon has lessened since I went up a size in Wisp cushions, but it does still happen occasionally. The Wisp has been the best for me on most nights with long periods of good sleep and low AHI. Some nights, nothing wants to work.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I just started using this mask and really like it. However, I am getting large leaks and am awakened by them. Last night I used the clips and tightened up the mask. I slept uninterrupted for the first time. But this morning my data shows that I had large leaks 33% of the night, my worst number yet. But when I look at the specific data, it shows my Flow Rate ranged from -40 to +40, my Mask Pressure ranged from 6 to 16, and Pressure ranged from 12 to 17. My AHI was 0.12 (about the same as always). The pressure settings on my ASV machine are 5-15

These are the tightest ranges I have seen since I started using the mask. Given this data and that I slept very well, does it really matter that I had large leaks 33% of the night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it matters. You are probably mouth breathing. Try a chin strap and be sure to stay off your back.

When you have a high leak rate, your machine will have a hard time keeping the air flow where it should be, and the reported "low" AHI reading may not be reliable.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,457 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 4 190 03-16-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,785 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 947 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 332 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.