Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

It's been awhile
It's been awhile
[attachment=2808]So it's been months since I was on here last. Look at my chart and give me so feed back. Lately my throat is super dry. My heater is on number 2 and I use a heated hose
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: It's been awhile
AHI is below 5, usage time is above 7 hours, which would otherwise be good indicators. But your leak rate graph is bumping up and down so much that AHI and usage time isn't very meaningful. I would suggest a better fitting mask, a chin strap, or a full face mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can sleep on my side or back. I do notice air leaking when I wake it. I see there is a special pillow for laying on your side and was wondering if it's any good?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it looks like he may be mouth breathing/leaking. It may be time for a full face mask or a chin strap. Just my thoughts.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
No Cpap last night.... Slept like a baby
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2016, 07:32 PM)ST1300 Wrote: No Cpap last night.... Slept like a baby

You woke up every few seconds or minutes to breathe but have no memory of it. As a result you tax your cardiovascular system and impair your cognition. You can live like this until it kills you.

You asked for feedback, you got it!

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2016, 08:03 PM)ST1300 Wrote: I can sleep on my side or back. I do notice air leaking when I wake it. I see there is a special pillow for laying on your side and was wondering if it's any good?

Yes, they are expensive but worth it. You have room for your head and chin while the mask is suspended in air. (Almost)
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the Papillow, or its Amazon knock off even more.

Of course a pillow won't fix mouth-leaking.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Not using Dreamstation Go for awhile jds2001 0 619 06-13-2020, 11:26 PM
Last Post: jds2001
  CPAP Blows My Mask Off After Awhile dmorgen 17 4,567 05-25-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Been awhile, but I'm baaaaack Bweekzzz 7 1,102 05-24-2020, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Gone awhile... DoubtFire61 0 705 08-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.