Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 - Leaking terribly last night
RE: Airfit P10 - Leaking terribly last night
Well, the bobby pin thing didn't work as splendidly as I wished Smile (23.9%). Let's see if washing the head gear this morning helps. It should spring it back to close to its original shape, as I understand it. I will start washing the pillows every morning instead of wiping them each morning and washing them each week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great advice on the P10 fit. I have a night every now and then when the mask bugs the heck out of me or leaks. When that happens, I'll lie still and try to figure out where the pressure from the mask seal is or isn't being felt. I then adjust the straps one at a time until it feels centered and sealing. You will feel how the mask fit changes as you change the strap positions. I also force the mask tubing to stay centered by running it through a rubber band anchored to a pajama shirt button. Otherwise, my tossing and turning would dislodge the mask enough to cause leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dagmar, I like your suggestion about anchoring tubing to PJ's. I just use a small clip.

But I agree, it's a great mask if you can get it to work for you. But it's not unlike any nasal or full face mask regarding leaks. You have to figure out why and where the leaks are occuring, because your therapy is otherwise compromised.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2015, 08:35 AM)Dagmar Wrote: Great advice on the P10 fit. I have a night every now and then when the mask bugs the heck out of me or leaks. When that happens, I'll lie still and try to figure out where the pressure from the mask seal is or isn't being felt. I then adjust the straps one at a time until it feels centered and sealing. You will feel how the mask fit changes as you change the strap positions. I also force the mask tubing to stay centered by running it through a rubber band anchored to a pajama shirt button. Otherwise, my tossing and turning would dislodge the mask enough to cause leaks.
I also struggled last night with my P10 and gave up again after 3 hours. How do you know if the size pillows is correct? Mine is a small size and I feel like it is not leaking however it feels suffocating! I will also try the fitting suggestion!
Good luck and keep trying!
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have issues with the P10 moving around, recently I have been trying the Ruby chin strap, it seems to keep the headgear in place, the only time I get leaks now is if I roll almost on to my front and dislodge the pillows...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2015, 04:38 PM)storywizard Wrote: I also have issues with the P10 moving around, recently I have been trying the Ruby chin strap, it seems to keep the headgear in place, the only time I get leaks now is if I roll almost on to my front and dislodge the pillows...
Storywizard

(09-20-2015, 08:59 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Dagmar, I like your suggestion about anchoring tubing to PJ's. I just use a small clip.

But I agree, it's a great mask if you can get it to work for you. But it's not unlike any nasal or full face mask regarding leaks. You have to figure out why and where the leaks are occuring, because your therapy is otherwise compromised.

I don't wear pjs, but maybe I could wear a t-shirt or something to anchor it. I do have a chin strap that I thought would help keep it in place. It's just baffling because the first two nights I used the P10 with a large pillow - my large leaks were below 1%... so it's something that I just started doing or not doing.

So...the change to the position of the straps did work, but we'll see if the soak in hot water helped it tonight. I'll start washing the pillows each day, as well. If it had been leaking every night, I'd be more inclined to give up, I think, but SOMETHING worked the first two nights Smile

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Success!!! Even after washing, the head gear felt a little bit loose, so I put a very tiny rubber band around a loop of about 1/4 inch on the top strap.

I had one large leak last night of 1 minute and the overall percent was .35%.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put my P10 on by putting my head through the strap split and with it hanging around my neck I pulli my hair up over the back strap. Then i putt the top strap to my crown, then i place the nose piece over the nose and straighten the corners of the spit over my ears. My hair keeps the strap firmly in place and also takes up the slack in the strap.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2015, 01:52 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I put my P10 on by putting my head through the strap split and with it hanging around my neck I pull my hair up over the back strap. Then i putt the top strap to my crown, then i place the nose piece over the nose and straighten the corners of the spit over my ears. My hair keeps the strap firmly in place and also takes up the slack in the strap.

I read that you were doing that in another thread. My hair is so thick and curly that it would tangle and my head gear would never be seen again if I left it down... however, I do put it into a braid that sits just at the occiput... so the lower strap goes under that to keep it in place. When it seemed like it wasn't tight enough - I stopped doing that and moved it over the top of the braid... leading to the disastrous two high leak nights.

I think that the rubber band on the top strap will make all the difference Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Judy1843: if you feel like you are suffocating, try the next bigger size pillows. You say you are using small, so try the medium. The fitter always looks at me and says "you look like a small" and I've learned to say "Nope, I'll try the medium first". Otherwise I suffocate. (I played wind instruments -bassoon and saxaphone- in high school and apparently have developed a large lung capacity.) The medium nasal pillow may squash against my nose a bit, but Ahhhh, I can get more air in, and I am MUCH happier.

Also, somebody else commented about "your insurance will give you two replacements a month". I don't recall the other poster saying that (though perhaps they did; sorry) -- MY insurance will only give me ONE replacement a month. So it's not always the same. I find that the AirSense10 nasal pillows can last me about 2 months, then they start to get too soft and must be replaced. But that varies each time. So I ask for all the replacement that are due to me, until I have a few spares on my shelf, and then swap them out when I need to.

Previous mask brands (Swift LT) lasted closer to a year, so there is great variance in plastics.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,063 47 minutes ago
Last Post: Domino96
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 369 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,971 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.