Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 - Leaking terribly last night
RE: Airfit P10 - Leaking terribly last night
(09-21-2015, 03:55 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: Also, somebody else commented about "your insurance will give you two replacements a month". I don't recall the other poster saying that (though perhaps they did; sorry) -- MY insurance will only give me ONE replacement a month. So it's not always the same.

I did say that and I believe OpalRose was replying to me when she said that. I am covered for 2 per month... but they only sent me the one to try right now... the other 5 are "in the mail" (and cost me $8 for those 5 to last me to 11-20). I'm sure I'll see them someday.
Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance provides 2 replacement cushions per month. That is also what my Dr. wrote the prescription for. And he quizzed me at my follow-up on whether I was replacing my cushions on the recommended basis.

Interesting thread here, because I wore my Nuance last night. Leaked like crazy no matter what, and I finally went back to the Wisp. I wonder if a full moon or something like it was affecting nasal pillow masks last night! Or, maybe, time to change my Nuance cushions. Smile

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have stated that my insurance covers two nasal pillows per month. Actually, I've said it several times to probably several folk over the course of time. Wink

My understanding is that "most" insurance comlanies follow the Medicare schedule on replacing CPAP supplies. Whether it is two a month, or 6 per three months.....same thing.

Insurance companies do differ, so check it out.

My suggestion, don't believe what your DME tells you as far as supply replacement schedule, call your insurance company to be sure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2015, 07:20 PM)parkerdt Wrote: My insurance provides 2 replacement cushions per month. That is also what my Dr. wrote the prescription for. And he quizzed me at my follow-up on whether I was replacing my cushions on the recommended basis.

Interesting thread here, because I wore my Nuance last night. Leaked like crazy no matter what, and I finally went back to the Wisp. I wonder if a full moon or something like it was affecting nasal pillow masks last night! Or, maybe, time to change my Nuance cushions. Smile

Dave

LOL... I had the Wisp before, but it gave me a terrible rash. My dermatologist said it's just sensitive skin, but it was really bad. He's never heard of anyone being allergic to silicone (and it didn't give me a rash the first two months)... might just be summer, but I actually like the nasal pillows better.
Post Reply Post Reply
my insurance covers 2 per mo, but about every other time i call the dme they argue and tell me its only one. sigh.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2015, 11:07 PM)DariaVader Wrote: my insurance covers 2 per mo, but about every other time i call the dme they argue and tell me its only one. sigh.

This^^^ I just insist that they give me the 6 for 3 months and they are happy to do so once they realize that insurance is, in fact, paying for it.

So I had 0 large leaks last night...

making progress Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I get 2 a month but now I have to decide for which mask. Thinking-about
Have to go with the P10. It's been on my face and up my nose every night since I bought it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2015, 11:07 PM)DariaVader Wrote: my insurance covers 2 per mo, but about every other time i call the dme they argue and tell me its only one. sigh.

So, you only get a new one for one nostril? Dielaughing Dielaughing
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2015, 08:53 AM)justMongo Wrote:

lol

The one's that say it's only one explain that the insurance covers 2 because it is 1 for each nostril and my model has both nostrils attached so that one = two! Funny thing is, many of them just throw in 2 and the ins always pays their exorbitant fees.
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2015, 11:10 AM)DariaVader Wrote:
(09-22-2015, 08:53 AM)justMongo Wrote:

lol

The one's that say it's only one explain that the insurance covers 2 because it is 1 for each nostril and my model has both nostrils attached so that one = two! Funny thing is, many of them just throw in 2 and the ins always pays their exorbitant fees.

I was wondering if that was the rationale. They are called a "pair" of nasal pillows (always said in the plural). I bet that's why there is this interpretation issue. Some people on my DME team actually asked me "but they don't wear out as fast as once a month, do they?" when I tried to order one at that once-a-month frequency. It's true that my previous brand did not wear out that fast, and I didn't replace them very often. But these do, so by golly I need to replace them!

Once a month is okay for me, as mine seem to last nearly two months. So far (I'm 5 months in, on the AirFit P10 mask).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,232 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,301 6 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 382 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.