Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10
Humidifier: Humidity Level 4 Ramp off
CPAP Pressure: 7-13
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Amara View and DreamWear Nasal

Sex: Female

Airfit P10 Not sure?
I cannot believe it but today my AHI was 0.1! I have been using the Amara View and cannot believe after one year on cpap how good I finally feel. It took quite a few mask to get to this point so why do I now feel like giving this popular Airfit P10 another try! I will have to use a chin strap being a mouth breather so not sure what I will be accomplishing ?? I guess the only fault I have in the Amara View is the upper straps!
11-09-2015 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
sonicboom Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Airsense 10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10, Dreamwear
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 4.6-7.6
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Airfit P10 Not sure?
Congratulations on mastering your therapy. I really like the P10s but my pressures are pretty low compared to others here and sometimes people complain about nares soreness with higher pressures. Let us know how it goes.

Coffee
11-10-2015 12:03 AM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

If you've taken the time and trouble to get a mask you like and which gives good results, why do you want to change? I think too many people get swept up in the cult of the P10. It's just another mask with a seriously flawed headgear and doesn't handle high pressures well.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-10-2015 01:18 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
GingerMan512 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto
Humidifier: Yes
CPAP Pressure: 5-11

Other Comments:

I agree the headgear sucks but this stays on my face at night and is much more comfortable than my old eson mask. My AHI is much lower with it as well. It has it's flaws but it works.
11-10-2015 01:24 AM
esrepairman Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Phillips Respironics AUTO 60 series
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro Air
Humidifier: System One
CPAP Pressure: 16cm
CPAP Software: EncoreViewer Other Software

Other Comments:

(11-10-2015 01:18 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  I think too many people get swept up in the cult of the P10. It's just another mask with a seriously flawed headgear and doesn't handle high pressures well.

Now, I agree that the headgear leaves much to be desired but seriously flawed? I agree it does not do well with high pressures, but not everyone has high pressure.

MANY people are happy with the P10 and have successfully been using this comfortable NPS since it first came out, while others hate it. IMHO it is the best NPS out there today. My brother used the Swift LT and then Swift FX, now he loves the P10, and is the only one he uses now.
11-10-2015 07:19 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Judy1843,
If you've found a mask that you like and it works for you, why change?

It sounds as if you have tried the P10 prior and you didn't like it??? I guess it doesn't hurt to give
it another try, and it is always good to have a couple different backup masks on hand.

OpalRose
11-10-2015 08:14 AM
Judy1843 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Model 37028
Mask Make & Model: P10
Humidifier: Humidity Level 4 Ramp off
CPAP Pressure: 7-13

Other Comments: Amara View and DreamWear Nasal

(11-10-2015 07:19 AM)esrepairman Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 01:18 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  I think too many people get swept up in the cult of the P10. It's just another mask with a seriously flawed headgear and doesn't handle high pressures well.

Now, I agree that the headgear leaves much to be desired but seriously flawed? I agree it does not do well with high pressures, but not everyone has high pressure.

MANY people are happy with the P10 and have successfully been using this comfortable NPS since it first came out, while others hate it. IMHO it is the best NPS out there today. My brother used the Swift LT and then Swift FX, now he loves the P10, and is the only one he uses now.
My pressure on the clinical report reads 10.5 all the time however my sleep doctor wants me to keep the range at 7.5-13 . I'm also proud of my number's Total AHI 1.0 Central 0.8!
Thanks everyone for all your help this first year could not be where I'am without all of your help!
So Thankful!
11-10-2015 10:03 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
John A S Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Elite
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 9
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(11-10-2015 07:19 AM)esrepairman Wrote:  

I have been using the P10 for months now. I really like the "minimal" headgear part of it. Leaves few facial imprints. Yes non adjustable strap takes a bit to get used to, but with a little bit of experimentation with split strap positioning, different levels of tension are possible. My first only lasted 4 months before it was no longer tight enough. Apparently body oils do affect the elasticity and regular monthly (min) washings would give longer life. I do have a big head so people with smaller heads may find it fits looser much earlier.
11-12-2015 04:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Airfit F20 car54 5 149 Today 06:33 AM
Last Post: 49er
  New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks gjw 24 2,817 12-04-2016 12:19 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Question for Airfit F10 Users PaytonA 2 190 12-03-2016 05:29 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  airfit P10 sore nose duece12345 12 668 12-03-2016 09:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirFit P10 Headgear Clips gjw 22 746 11-19-2016 12:11 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Airfit P10 love but need something else Chrstauffe 80 8,953 11-07-2016 05:55 PM
Last Post: Gabby
  Airfit P10 - condensation collects on exhale ports Possum 7 390 11-02-2016 02:54 PM
Last Post: Possum