Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 Not sure?
Airfit P10 Not sure?
I cannot believe it but today my AHI was 0.1! I have been using the Amara View and cannot believe after one year on cpap how good I finally feel. It took quite a few mask to get to this point so why do I now feel like giving this popular Airfit P10 another try! I will have to use a chin strap being a mouth breather so not sure what I will be accomplishing ?? I guess the only fault I have in the Amara View is the upper straps!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit P10 Not sure?
Congratulations on mastering your therapy. I really like the P10s but my pressures are pretty low compared to others here and sometimes people complain about nares soreness with higher pressures. Let us know how it goes.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If you've taken the time and trouble to get a mask you like and which gives good results, why do you want to change? I think too many people get swept up in the cult of the P10. It's just another mask with a seriously flawed headgear and doesn't handle high pressures well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree the headgear sucks but this stays on my face at night and is much more comfortable than my old eson mask. My AHI is much lower with it as well. It has it's flaws but it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2015, 01:18 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I think too many people get swept up in the cult of the P10. It's just another mask with a seriously flawed headgear and doesn't handle high pressures well.

Now, I agree that the headgear leaves much to be desired but seriously flawed? I agree it does not do well with high pressures, but not everyone has high pressure.

MANY people are happy with the P10 and have successfully been using this comfortable NPS since it first came out, while others hate it. IMHO it is the best NPS out there today. My brother used the Swift LT and then Swift FX, now he loves the P10, and is the only one he uses now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Judy1843,
If you've found a mask that you like and it works for you, why change?

It sounds as if you have tried the P10 prior and you didn't like it??? I guess it doesn't hurt to give
it another try, and it is always good to have a couple different backup masks on hand.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2015, 07:19 AM)esrepairman Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 01:18 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I think too many people get swept up in the cult of the P10. It's just another mask with a seriously flawed headgear and doesn't handle high pressures well.

Now, I agree that the headgear leaves much to be desired but seriously flawed? I agree it does not do well with high pressures, but not everyone has high pressure.

MANY people are happy with the P10 and have successfully been using this comfortable NPS since it first came out, while others hate it. IMHO it is the best NPS out there today. My brother used the Swift LT and then Swift FX, now he loves the P10, and is the only one he uses now.
My pressure on the clinical report reads 10.5 all the time however my sleep doctor wants me to keep the range at 7.5-13 . I'm also proud of my number's Total AHI 1.0 Central 0.8!
Thanks everyone for all your help this first year could not be where I'am without all of your help!
So Thankful!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2015, 07:19 AM)esrepairman Wrote:

I have been using the P10 for months now. I really like the "minimal" headgear part of it. Leaves few facial imprints. Yes non adjustable strap takes a bit to get used to, but with a little bit of experimentation with split strap positioning, different levels of tension are possible. My first only lasted 4 months before it was no longer tight enough. Apparently body oils do affect the elasticity and regular monthly (min) washings would give longer life. I do have a big head so people with smaller heads may find it fits looser much earlier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,074 1 hour ago
Last Post: Domino96
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,972 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 984 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,128 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.